Results 1 to 1 of 1
07-14-2012, 12:53 PM #1
Welcome Message + Please Read the Rules Before Posting
Welcome to the Local Search Community Forum!
This forum was developed due to popular demand by Catalyst blog readers and all of the clients for my Advanced Google Places Training and LOCAL SEO Training programs. They all want a positive and productive place to learn, discuss local search and Google Places issues and support each other.
That's what this forum is all about! Positive solutions and respect for other members is the key to getting along in the Local Search Forum. Hope you all contribute and enjoy the ambiance!
Check out all the important topics & great discussions so far - click recent posts at top of forum.
Set up a good signature and introduce yourself!
OH and this is YOUR COMMUNITY - I work for you now! ;-)
So just let me know what you need!
If you want personal help from Linda or wonder why have not replied yet - please see this post:
NOTE: Help from Linda & Community Peer Support
Overall Community GUIDELINES
• The Local Search Forum is a professional marketing community.
Our purpose is to share, help and support each other in WIN/WIN ways.
Please display a positive, friendly attitude and be respectful of other's opinions.
• Attacking other members, bashing companies, slander and libel are not allowed and can result in a warning or ban. Comments that are disrespectful to others or otherwise violate what we believe are appropriate standards for professional and civil discussion may be deleted.
• Always try to "give" back to our community. For each time you find help or answers, try to help someone else out in return. You may find that what goes around comes around...
• Give people a little time to respond to your requests. This is a peer support community. People are busy and it may take a little time for people to notice and respond to your request. Please be patient.
• PLEASE TRY TO POST IN THE CORRECT SECTION OF THE FORUM - The valuable info we have here is coming in at break neck speed. I'm constantly having to add new forums to try to keep the info organized and make it easier to find. Please take minute before asking a question or posting a new thread to look at all the forum categories on the forum home page. You may find your answer there or discover someone already posted about that issue.
• SELF PROMOTION - Please do not link to your own site in posts or say check out my site or contact me - in any way! No link drops to your own site allowed except in signatures or the help section. Do not promote your Local tools or Local SEO services (except in your sig).
• HIGH END BLOG POST PROMOTION - We have LOTS of industry experts who write helpful blog posts. I DO want to share your content with our members! However realize we have some self-promoters that just want to link drop to their own sites all day and only do it for the backlinks and don't really contribute much else here. Those people have ruined it for the rest.
HOWEVER you guys know I love sharing any helpful info with the community! So if you have a really good post you think the community would benefit from instead of getting in trouble for linking to your site PLEASE PM ME THE LINK. If I think it's noteworthy I'm happy to share it and give you a link. (We must keep rules consistent, otherwise I get bombarded from people saying, you let him link to his blog, why can't I?)
• MEMBER RECOGNITION AND EXPOSURE - We give you a generous sig where you can add up to 3 links to your site, blog, social profiles and/or tools. PLUS you can set up your profile so it ALWAYS shows a link to your most recent blog post. See mine below my pic. Instructions here.
• LINKING OUT EXCEPTION - In the "Help Forum" business owners or consultants that need support or troubleshooting should post relevant site links or link to Place page/G+ Local Page, so we can investigate.
• 3 STRIKES RULE we believe in 3 strikes, you're out. 1st violation, gentle warning and reminder of the rules. 2nd violation, ban warning. 3rd - you are out. Exceptions to the rule are blatant spam or overt guideline violations which can result in an instant ban.
• Members are responsible for what they post and Catalyst cannot be held liable for the content of posted messages.
LOCAL SEARCH PROS PRIVATE FORUM - Is available to clients that have taken our Advanced Places Training. The private forum is where the higher level discussions happen. It's where we discuss important Google changes, attempt to reverse engineer the algo, discuss local search business issues like billing and prospecting, share client problems and ask for help - behind closed doors, where competitors, spammers, clients and Google can't see us.
The private forum is also where I offer more extensive support to my existing training/consulting clients, share updated training docs when needed and provide on-going coaching.
For General Forum News Updates OR for Forum Questions or Suggestions, Please see THIS forum.Is Our Content HELPFUL? Please pay the community back by sharing!
Linda Buquet .:. Google Local Specialist
Consulting, Troubleshooting & White Label Services for SEOs & Agencies
Don't Miss Important News & Tips! SUBSCRIBE to Daily Email Digest Here
Are you a PRO? Join the "Local Search Pros" G+ Community!
Note: Due to mulitple RSI injuries, pardon short replies. Typos? Blame it on "Dragon". ;-)
Members who thanked Linda Buquet for this post:
+ Show/Hide list of the thanked
By Linda Buquet in forum Local Search NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-14-2012, 12:53 PM
By Linda Buquet in forum Help & Support for Google LocalReplies: 0Last Post: 07-14-2012, 12:53 PM
By Linda Buquet in forum Introduce Yourself - We're FriendlyReplies: 0Last Post: 07-14-2012, 12:53 PM
By Linda Buquet in forum Break RoomReplies: 0Last Post: 07-14-2012, 12:53 PM
By Linda Buquet in forum Google LocalReplies: 0Last Post: 07-14-2012, 12:53 PM