More threads by olenfirm

olenfirm

Reaction score
Hello, everyone:

I started advertising my law firm on LSAs last year. It seems that Google tends to give new accounts a bit of a push, and I dominated for the year. The leads were amazing. But once they changed the algorithm in August/September, my ad ranking crashed. I call into Google nearly weekly, and they always tell me my GMB and LSA profiles are completely optimized. The only thing they tell me is to get more reviews. That seems a bit disingenuous because I have a lot of reviews AND Google consistently ranks other businesses with far fewer reviews (and fewer years in business and worse response times) above mine.

I've had my budget so high that I spent $35K last month in LSAs only to receive almost all completely useless calls. I feel like there's something holding my account back because everything else is optimized. The only thing that I wonder is if disputing leads affects the ranking. It's a total catch-22 because the more calls I get, the more Google sends totally irrelevant leads. I get at least half of my leads successfully challenged. So do I have to literally throw money away to keep Google happy?

Anyone have any tips on increasing LSA ranking when everything else is optimized?

Thank you!

I totally feel your pain, not an uncommon situation whatsoever. Given the nature of LSAs, there aren't too many optimization tactics, and when drops inevitably happen it's super frustrating.

One thing that sticks out to me from what you said is the disputes, since you're effectively telling Google that you don't work with those leads, I would expect a volume drop when disputing half of the leads. I'd rather scale down the industry or job types, or locations, to try and solve the poor lead quality issues.

Disputes aren't the problem , we had multiple accounts ranking top 1-2 for a long time while doing 50%-75% of the disputes and then same thing happened to us .
Their Customer support is not really informed of how things work and just follow a script to see if:
You getting reviews
Your business profile info is optimized

Most of the business we work with rely on high quality calls and there is too much spam low intent traffic with google ads that we are sticking to Google LSA that's we were forced to find a couple options that solve these situations .

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom