More threads by Powersupport

Powersupport

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys, a few years ago I started “spam fighting“ as I read that phrase coined here. I used the redressal form to submit spreadsheets of spam and scam referral companies who made fake Google profile listings. I also had many profiles taken down when they were duplicates for the same company, often times using an employees home address to make a second third or fourth listing. But that doesn’t seem to be working anymore, I was wondering if the redressal form works at all anymore?

I’ve been trying to report two different Google profiles who are clearly the same company and have reviews from the same people. I made out an entire spreadsheet showing all of the duplicate reviews across both and linking to every one of them, but nothing is taken down anymore it seems.

It still works but over the years we have noticed a big discrepancy in how most people interpret the guidelines and what Google actually enforces. If the company you are reporting isn't getting removed, it's likely because Google has sufficient evidence to show it's different companies.

It still works but over the years we have noticed a big discrepancy in how most people interpret the guidelines and what Google actually enforces. If the company you are reporting isn't getting removed, it's likely because Google has sufficient evidence to show it's different companies.

Thanks!

I know that Google is much stricter now on verification. I was wondering if there’s something we could do to signal to Google that they need to re-verify a listing?

For example, there are still listings put up by referral companies for completely fake companies that don’t exist at that address at all. Many times they will just use a random address and then some long unit number. They have had that listing up for a while since before Google was requiring strict verification. But reporting them with the redressal form hasn’t taken them down.

Is there something that could be done to get Google to make these places re-verify, which they will never be able to do?

Other than the redressal form, not really. You can always post a thread on the Google Business Profile community with the case IDs if you want it re-reviewed

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom