Recent content by John Tabita

  1. John Tabita

    Can't Verify Changes to Google Local Page, Error Message

    They actually replied within a few hours and manually re-verified the listing. I'll know in 48 hours if it worked.
  2. John Tabita

    Can't Verify Changes to Google Local Page, Error Message

    Yes, it's an excavating contractor. I'm a manager on the account, so I filled out a support request for an email response. We'll see what they say. Thanks, Scott.
  3. John Tabita

    Can't Verify Changes to Google Local Page, Error Message

    We've made changes to a client's Google Local listing, but every time I press the "Verify Now" button, it takes me briefly to the map, then an error message: "Sorry we're having some issues at the moment. Please try again later." This has been happening the past few days. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  4. John Tabita

    SEO for Local Directories

    We are adding content to our local directory site. We have pages that contain various types of listings, like community events, golf courses, government offices, etc. The META data has the city and state (e.g., Delaware OH). But the individual listings only have the city, not the state or zip...
  5. John Tabita

    Can I Use the Same Gmail Account to Claim Multiple Listings?

    Hi Chris, I'm an employee managing our company's social media. We already have a Google+ Page for the company, but I didn't create it as a "Local" page, since we do business in multiple states. However, I want to claim our 2 sales office listings as local pages. Can I manage all three (1...
  6. John Tabita

    Can I Use the Same Gmail Account to Claim Multiple Listings?

    My personal Gmail account is the "owner" on our company's Google+ Page. I plan on claiming the listings of our two out-of-State sales offices. Can I do so using the same Gmail address? Of should I create a separate Gmail account to claim each listing? Thanks!
  7. John Tabita

    Best Practices for creating Google+ and/or Google+ Local Pages

    I'm looking for best practices for creating Google+ and/or Google+ Local Pages. We offer both social media profile creation and Google+ Local claiming. With all the recent changes, these two separate services potentially conflict. Here's what happens. A client purchases our claimed listings...
  8. John Tabita

    Branded Searches vs Keyword Searches

    That's pretty much how our reps respond. I'd like them to be able to say something like: "Only 3 percent of people search for you that way. Let me show you how the other 97 percent search for a plumber..." Then have then do a keyword search, and watch their face when their competitors populate...
  9. John Tabita

    Branded Searches vs Keyword Searches

    Thanks for the reply, Linda. In the Yellow Page industry, we know that roughly 24% of users look at the in-column (alphabetical) listings for a specific company (i.e., a branded search); whereas, 76% view display ads because they don?t have a particular merchant in mind. We?ve always used...
  10. John Tabita

    Branded Searches vs Keyword Searches

    I'm wondering if there is any data available on how many people conduct a branded search vs. a location-based keyword search. For example, when someone needs a plumber, what percentage of people search for a specific plumber (e.g., joe's plumbing columbus oh) vs. doing a local search (plumber...
  11. John Tabita

    How to Detect VERIFIED STATUS on Google+ Local pages?

    I have two listings I'm trying to see whether or not they're claimed. When I click Manage this Page, both go to a "Let's Get Started" page. Both have the name, address, phone, and a single category. Put one also has the customer's website URL. Is Goggle including these on unclaimed listings?
  12. John Tabita

    Attorney appearing in Google Local results without a physical location in the city

    Thanks for the reply, Colan. I forgot to mention that this attorney is using a local 740 area code number that forwards to the main office in Cleveland. I know that they are deliberately attempting to market themselves all over Ohio, including that particular city. My boss speculated that they...
  13. John Tabita

    Attorney appearing in Google Local results without a physical location in the city

    One of our reps found this. Elk & Elk appears in the local results when you search for 'attorneys in washington courthouse ohio'. The address shows up in the listing only as Washington Ct Hs, OH, no street address. According to their site, Elk & Elk has no office in that city. When I click on...
Top