More threads by pbarnhart

Reaction score
Entering in a search "something something near my home" and "something something near my office" is triggering a prompt from Google to add this information. The forms don't actually seem to work -- has anyone else seen this?

googlequery-prompt.jpg

googlequery-home.jpg

googlequery-prompt.jpg

googlequery-home.jpg

Woah, first I've seen that. The form worked fine for me though, I told it where 'home' was and it worked, works on future searches too. I'm using an up to date version of chrome, for whatever that's worth.

Entering in a search "something something near my home" and "something something near my office" is triggering a prompt from Google to add this information.

1st time I've heard of it too, but it makes good sense.

At first I thought I'd be writing to say how 'surprise, surprise, this hadn't rolled out in Australia' as I wasn't seeing any requests for 'Home' in my searches.

However then I thought I'd try an incognito search and voila:
Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 8.40.48 PM.png

Turns out I'd previously added Home / Work to Google Maps (https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3093979?rd=1) so when doing normal searches, they must now be being taken into account.

Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 8.40.48 PM.png

I did this a few weeks ago on the Google Maps app and now whenever I see Imprezzio's listing on Google it looks different:

Work.jpg

Work.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom