More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
UhaulMozinar.jpg

How U-Do Local for Enterprise​
If you have big enterprise clients, or work with chains or franchises, then you know some of the complexities of managing large scale local search campaigns.

I found this Mozinar, so thought I'd share. U-Haul International, talks about how their in-house team keeps 17,000+ locations front of SERPs and top of mind for customers.

Featuring: Ryan Glass, Online Marketing and Strategy Program Manager at U-Haul International.

He starts by saying they have 14 people on the online marketing team. Plus an outside citation team.

Head over to check it out: <a href="http://moz.com/webinars/how-u-do-local-for-enterprise">How U-Do Local for Enterprise - Webinar - Moz</a>

You have to be a Moz member, but hopefully you already are. If not, there is a free trial, so you can join to watch the video at no charge.

Also be sure to check out our #multi-location hashtag for the largest and most helpful compilation of multi-location SEO posts on the web.

What do you think???

P.S. You could not pay me enough to take on a big multi-location client! $3 mill, I'd still turn it down! Haha. But I admire the brave souls that can handle that much stress!
<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="Also be sure to check out our multi-location hashtag for the largest and most helpful compilation of multi-location SEO posts on the web">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

UhaulMozinar.jpg

having sat through this one when it happened, I'll be curious to see what others think about it. As someone who works on the enterprise level, I had some issues with the approach (and lack of using Google+_)

I admittedly did not watch the whole thing since I don't do enterprise SEO.

"As someone who works on the enterprise level, I had some issues with the approach (and lack of using Google+_)"

Can you elaborate on the part about not using G+?

I admittedly did not watch the whole thing since I don't do enterprise SEO.

"As someone who works on the enterprise level, I had some issues with the approach (and lack of using Google+_)"

Can you elaborate on the part about not using G+?

They seem to leave all the different franchises pages as verified shells, and nothing more. For one, they said they only focus on reviews on site, and not on the Google reviews, or any off page reviews for that matter. So while it's great you can get on page reviews, when the knowledge graph reviews says it's the worst place to rent from (more than once in what I was seeing) there's a disconnect to me.

There also doesn't seem to be any sort of allowance for an individual franchises to get involved with their listing/local page - he mentioned that they don't post about local events the individual franchises may do, or have them involved.

Doing Enterprise SEO creates quite a few issues such as managing large local search campaigns. I recently did 1 client with 780 locations however there was no feed for the various locations (eg when opening hours or contact info changed this would lead to numerous locations with incorrect info in google places).

Going to be watching this to see where I could improve on my approach to the situation.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom