More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
In my journeys helping folks this weekend, I stumbled across this.

<a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wiziapp.app111434&hl=en">Massage Spa Ad on Google Play???</a>

Now IF there is an app there, that's cool. But the description talks nothing about an app, does not tell you what the app does. It's just a description/ad for the business. I searched site for app and there is none. There is an /app page - but it's just all about the business no mention of app.

Yes, I realize it's only a partial citation and the backlink is no follow. But since she does not even mention the app or tell you what it does, then doesn't seem like app downloads is the goal here.

On the other hand I don't think many Scottsdale residents are going to be looking for a spa on Google Play!?!?!

What do you think? Silly SMB? Misguided marketing attempt? Or just spam?

Here is the unrelated case at the Google and Your Business forum
How to fix links to 'More reviews'?

Her 3rd party review links are not jiving. I pointed out it's likely due to inconsistent/incorrect business name usage and keyword stuffing.

A really silly thing to do. Lots of keywords in that description, oh, and a phone number! Looks like they forgot to mention the street name and number! :confused:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom