More threads by Linda Buquet

Thanks, Chris. Yeah, I hear the Rogers deal isn't so good.

The "local seo" company that I worked at 7 years ago did things similar.

The process included using call tracking numbers for all citations.

Bleh!

While I've also heard nothing but good things about YP in the US, someone I know is using their paid service and does happen to get a fair amount of calls from their site. Yes, they use a tracking number which I mentioned could have an effect on his business listing but he is happy with it. I don't think they are using any other services other than a small fee per month to get their business in front of more faces.

I love how Phil answers and responds to each and every Comment. That is awesome! I agree with the use of different call tracking numbers and how it shows a different number for each site, potentially impacting trust. If a business solely relies on phone call leads, how is it suggested that this lead generation method is tracked properly?

Never hurts to ask your customers and do some tracking manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate more on manually? I've typically dealt with ecommerce sites or form leads. I don't have nearly as much experience with phone call tracking, which is why I ask.

That is not as much of a problem as it is to get legit feedback from the caller. If I'm calling a company, I want the information I'm seeking. I don't want to be bombarded with questions about how I found you, although, since I know the importance of it, I don't mind answering a few questions.

I have listened to other people on the phone as well as spoken to people myself and generally, I hear the canned response, "the internet." Asking 1-3 follow up questions and it was typically met with an aggravated tone or Google. I am sure it comes down to the questions you are asking of your callers but I was wondering if there was something I could have been overlooking.

I mainly deal with very small businesses and they typically don't have the resources to manage call tracking and the technical details associated with setting it and maintaining it. In the past we've just created a simple call tracking form they fill out for each call. Like you said though many customers don't want to answer too many questions initially. The log does provide a means to track the call and then when appropriate the business owner follows up and asks where they found the business. Typically though most clients don't mind letting them know on the first point of contact.

I know that Whitespark.ca has a free offline conversion tracker you can use with a free account. It will even fire off utm tracking to your website if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom