More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Excited to announce a new product Google has been working on that just launched today.

Introducing the Brand New Places for Business Mobile App

MobileApp.jpg

Keep your business listing fresh and up-to-date across Google right from your phone!

- Update your business information, including hours, address, contact information, photos and description

- Keep your customers in the know by posting updates and photos

- Respond to comments and +1's on your posts

- Learn how customers find and interact with your business with insights

- Manage multiple business locations from one app

"Please note that some accounts may not yet be usable with this app. Google is updating business data over the coming months to make all accounts fully compatible."

Here is a screenshot of the main screen and all the info that's right at your fingertips.

MobileAppDash.jpg

Here is a QA Google sent me prior to launch:

Q: Why isn’t there an iOS version? When will you have it?
A: Our goal is to make this app available on iOS but we do not have a timeframe to share with you today. But we encourage you to keep an eye on the Google and Your Business blog for the latest developments.

Q: Will I be able to use the app outside the US? When?
A: Not at this time. The app is available for US businesses only. We do hope to expand its availability to other countries soon but don’t have anything to share with you today.

Q: How is this app different from “Page identity” in the Google+ app?
A: Great question...both apps do have some similar features. But there are some key differences that are important to point out. They are:

This new Places for Business app enables businesses to interact with all aspects of their information on Google. For instance, they can change their posted store hours as well as add photos to their business listings, and share via posts with customers. The changes made with this app will appear across Google properties including Search, Maps, Mobile and Google+.

The Page identity feature in the Google+ app enables you to view your business pages and use social features on those pages, such as updating circles and sharing posts and photos. Today, businesses cannot use the Google+ app to update their business information.

Q: Will I be able to manage my personal Google+ profile and/or my Brand page?
A: No. The Google Places for Business app will only let you manage local pages.

Q: Will I be able to read and respond to user reviews from the app?
A: No. At this time, it isn’t possible to view or respond to user reviews from the app.

Q: Does the app have any features that general consumers can use (e.g., to find or review businesses)?
A: No. The Google Places for Business app is specifically designed for merchants to manage their listings on Google.

Q: Can I claim or create new listings in the app?
A: The ability to claim or create new listings is not currently available. We’re working hard to make these actions possible, and we will update the app with them as soon as we can.

Google invited TCs to BETA test the app. Unfortunately I did not have time to test it. So I can't tell you much from personal 1st hand experience. But I've heard rave reviews from other TCs and think this will be great - especially for businesses that are on the go and need to do frequent posts or business hour changes. (And for busy consultants who are on the road!) ;)

I assume we'll be seeing more new features coming out as well since this is the initial version.

Get it at Google Play: Google Places for Business - Android Apps on Google Play

MobileApp.jpg

MobileAppDash.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom