More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Here is an epic and awesome post that's a must read for starting out the new year from Casey Meraz over at Moz.

<a href="http://moz.com/blog/how-to-have-a-successful-local-seo-campaign-in-2015">How to Have a Successful Local SEO Campaign in 2015 - Moz</a>

2014 was a tough year in search altogether. We had ups like Penguin refreshes and we had downs like the removal of authorship. I'm guessing 2015 will be no different. Staying on the roller coaster and keeping with the idea of having the "least imperfect" site is the best way to ring out the new year and march on moving forward. If you had a tough year in local search, keep your head up high, fix any existing issues, and sprint through this year by making positive changes to your site.

In this guide we will cover how you can have a successful local SEO campaign in 2015 starting with the basics and getting down to five action items you should focus on now. This is not limited to Google My Business and also includes localized organic results.

Casey showed an example of that Los Angeles personal attorney spam I've posted about here and reported to Google, which is now finally cleaned up again after my report last week. One of the things he talked about is being diligent about reporting spam. I agree - it's one way to keep the playing field level.

Read the rest of his excellent points above and add your comments there, or below.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom