More threads by Susan_KeyRelevance

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and apologize if this question has been asked before.

I am working with a client and he just changed his business address. I am trying to update his address on all of his claimed business directory listings.

There are a couple of directories that are not recognizing the zip code for the new business address that I?ve been given to use. According to the USPS zip code website the zip code I?ve been given IS incorrect. I have already changed the address, using the incorrect(?) zip code on most of the other on-line directories; but I am unable to update his address on these two directories.

Should I update these two directories using the zip code from the USPS zip code website just so my clients NAP will be updated, even though this means that his NAP will not match throughout his claimed listings?

Does anyone has a resolution to this issue or have you seen this issue before? I would appreciate any insight that you would like to share.

Hi Susan,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. :)

I moved this to the citations forum since that's what this is about and mainly because Darren from Whitespark and other citation pros subscribe to this part of the forum, so you'll likely get better feedback here.

Just use the closest zip code you can that is recognized by that site. As far as Google counting that as "citations" and other scrapers the zip code is not really relevant.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom