More threads by Jason

Jason

Reaction score
I'm taking on a new client with 60 plus locations and they had all their Google Local accounts under their old marketing company account (huge mistake!!!!). Is there any way to bring them under a new umbrella without re-verifying everything?

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

Jason

Hi Jason,

There is no way to transfer them over per se. You will need to re-claim them all in the new account and re-verify.

If you are doing a bulk upload there are different things you can do to save time. I'm no bulk upload expert but there are a few good threads here that I can try and point you to if that's the case.

If they are Google+ local listings in the Google+ pages section, you should be able to add a new account as the manager of those pages and after 2 weeks proceed to transfer ownership.

Thanks for the feedback all.

a11c, are you referring to the Google + Social Network? I cant seem to find what you are referring to but transferring ownership is exactly what I need to do.

Thanks for the feedback all.

a11c, are you referring to the Google + Social Network? I cant seem to find what you are referring to but transferring ownership is exactly what I need to do.

I believe he's talking verified Google+ Business pages meaning social pages merged with Google Place pages.

But I doubt that's the case with these listings as merging with GP is not supported for multi-location businesses yet.

My guess is these are Place pages (Google+ Local) in which case Colan's advice is correct.

There is no way to transfer them over per se. You will need to re-claim them all in the new account and re-verify.

However if you end up with the new Places dashboard it will no longer let you REclaim listings that were previously claimed. You need to get support to intervene to get the other accounts unverified and prove you are the rightful claimant that should be managing the accounts now.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom