More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We're looking to hire a full time, salaried SEO Director.

Curious as to your thoughts on doing this ourselves vs hiring an agency to handle the search for us (leaning more toward hiring an agency).

I want to comb the entire US and find the right fit for the job so they would save us a lot of time just by doing that alone. Also, this may be more of a headhunting thing than a job board thing. We want top talent so we may have to pull someone from an already existing job who may not even be looking to make a move currently.

So, with that in mind, what do you guys suggest?

Any personal experiences?

Also, if you have used an agency before, any tips? Also, any recommendations to specific agencies?

Thanks!

Hey Joshua,

If you have the time and resources my suggestion would be to do it yourself. Try that to start and see how it goes.

The chances that your SEO Director is currently NOT employed by an Agency or some other company is next to 0. Assume that this person us happily employed somewhere. This means you have to have a system for finding this person as well as an attractive
offer. And the offer isn't just $$ these days. Most people are looking for $$ + core value alignment, benefits, fulfillment...etc.

Good Luck. From my experience this is not an easy task. But it's an important one and you will find who you are looking for. It's just a matter of time.

Hey Joshua,

If you have the time and resources my suggestion would be to do it yourself. Try that to start and see how it goes.

The chances that your SEO Director is currently NOT employed by an Agency or some other company is next to 0. Assume that this person us happily employed somewhere. This means you have to have a system for finding this person as well as an attractive
offer. And the offer isn't just $$ these days. Most people are looking for $$ + core value alignment, benefits, fulfillment...etc.

Good Luck. From my experience this is not an easy task. But it's an important one and you will find who you are looking for. It's just a matter of time.

Awesome, thanks Colan!

I agree, I imagine we'll have to woo someone away. With that in mind, how do you suggest I go about it on my own?

The agency route seems much more attractive to me because it takes less of my time and they can probably find that person easier and quicker than I can.

Thoughts?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom