More threads by HoosierBuff

Reaction score
I have a client that is an advertising agency. Long before they called me, they used a few different SEO agencies. One of the agencies built a bunch of crap links, and the next agency said "your site is penalized", and you need to move to a new url.

So, they rebuilt the site at the new URL, and reduced the old site to the home page saying we've moved, with no redirect or link to home page. I think it meta-refreshes?

anyway. . .

It was never clear that they had a penalty in the first place. There was never a huge tanking in the results, and while the profile was a bit spammy, and I have seen far worse. There was no notice of manual action.

So,

With the latest news about Penguin, and that we don't need to disavow anymore, is it time to redirect the old site?

Google Penguin doesn't penalize for bad links - or does it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't risk it. I don't think you stand to gain anything unless the old domain had a lot of good links that you haven't been able to update to list the new URL.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom