More threads by djbaxter

djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
New Structured Data Testing Tool, documentation, and more
Google Webmaster Central Blog
Thursday, January 15, 2015

Structured data markup helps your content get discovered in search results and across Google properties. We?re excited to share several updates to help you author and publish markup on your website:

Structured Data Testing Tool
The new Structured Data Testing Tool better reflects how Google interprets a web page?s structured data markup.

sdtt-screenshot.jpg

It provides the following features:

• Validation for all Google features powered by structured data
  • Support for markup in the JSON-LD syntax, including in dynamic HTML pages
  • Clean display of the structured data items on your page
  • Syntax highlighting of markup problems right in your HTML source code

New documentation and simpler policy
We've clarified our documentation for the vocabulary supported in structured data based on webmasters' feedback. The new documentation explains the markup you need to add to enable different search features for your content, along with code examples in the supported syntaxes. We'll be retiring the old documentation soon.

We've also simplified and clarified our policies on using structured data. If you believe that another site is abusing Google's rich snippets quality guidelines, please let us know using the rich snippets spam report form.

Read more...

sdtt-screenshot.jpg

Hi djbaxter,

Thanks for this, it's very useful!

But mine are coming up for errors on logo and URL.

Do you know where I would find the code to input for these two fields?

Cheers

Sorry no. I found the sort last night when I couldn't sleep but I haven't yet tested the tool. Have you checked the link to documentation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also getting the error on logo and URL.

I wonder if those 2 factors aren't in there if your schema isn't giving the weight it should?

Very interesting.

Also, the old tool had a search engines results image preview.

This isn't on the new tool. Has anyone else found the equivalent somewhere else for the new tool?

Hi Joshua,

I have managed to fix the issue with the two errors showing. I will paste the code template here when I get back to the office.

Wow, I'm totally lost.

I thought this was a new tool developed by Google.

But this is just a custom tool developed by you, correct Jonathan?

Hi Joshua,

No sorry, this is not my tool it is a Google tool. But I and a few other people I know were getting errors for logo and URL.

I have just given the code that fixes this issue. :)

Hi Joshua,

No sorry, this is not my tool it is a Google tool. But I and a few other people I know were getting errors for logo and URL.

I have just given the code that fixes this issue. :)

Yeah, I was really confused haha.

I was wondering how you got a developers.google site for your tool but since I don't do any developing I just thought maybe Google did that for developers as a way to host their own custom tool.

Oh man, humbling experience.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom