More threads by Kristen

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a client who is part of a franchise. They insisted on using a tracking number which at the time, I didn't realize how big of a problem that would be - particularly since their main phone number can't be changed on their website - along with several other things like the footer or sidebar for consistency.

After the first few months of the campaign, they were ranking great in both local and organic. Then they completely disappeared from local.

Linda suggested it might have something to do with the suite number being on the first line. In an attempt to make *something* happen, we moved the suite number to line 2 and had to reconfirm their Google local page.

After several weeks of waiting for the postcard, we finally got the listing verified and we're slowly starting to see some traffic again in the back end of their dashboard.

They are ranking well for their keywords in organic but they are no where in local for their keywords and in Google Maps, I have to go to page 2 before I find their listing - after scrolling through several other listings that take precedence over theirs who are located in a neighboring STATE.

Here is their Google + Local page
https://plus.google.com/109330905352160959734

Any ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Kristen

Hi Kristen,

Have you checked in MM? Google Map Maker

Because it's live but says it was the location was deleted in November. I have a hard time reading MM though.

I see an edit adding suite Nov 9. Was that you? But then Nov 13 a bot deleted the location I think. Again, I'm not sure I'm reading right?

If you are comfortable posting in public? Post in help with title Did Map Maker bot delete this listing? And then ask if Gregg or Andrew will take a closer look.

Hi Kristen,

Have you checked in MM? Google Map Maker

Because it's live but says it was the location was deleted in November. I have a hard time reading MM though.

I see an edit adding suite Nov 9. Was that you? But then Nov 13 a bot deleted the location I think. Again, I'm not sure I'm reading right?

If you are comfortable posting in public? Ppost in help with title Did Map Maker bot delete this listing? And then ask if Gregg or Andrew will take a closer look.

Hi Linda,

I have a hard time interpreting what is going on in Map Maker too, so Gregg or Andrew, I would sincerely appreciate if you could have a look when you get a chance.

In the dashboard, it looks like between August 16th and September 24th, impressions were decent, but then on September 26th, there is a stark change in impressions thereafter. Not sure if that helps.

The listing was re-verified on December 10th after moving the suite number to line 2, but I never deleted the listing.

I'm not clear what you would like me to post Linda, I've posted the Google Plus Local page URL above, please let me know what other details are needed.

Thanks,
Kristen

You posted in the PRIVATE forum, they don't have access back here.

Want me to just move the whole thread and change the title and ping them?

Oh I wasn't aware of that. That's fine, if possible, if you could take out the reference to the title of the business, but still include the Google Plus URL, then that would be fine to move this into the public forum.

I looked hard 3 times but don?t see mention of the business name to remove it. If I missed it let me know. Moving this live to try to get some MM eyeballs on it and changing title. It will be in help section.

Andrew and/or Gregg, can you please take a peek. I still can't read MM right sometimes.

That edit that deleted the address, does that mean the listing was deleted?
Am I reading that right? Google Map Maker

See any other problems that would drop this one out of the rankings?

I see Andrew online so bumping in hopes he sees this one.
It kinda got buried in a flurry of other posts today.

Oh wow, just clicked MM link and looks like you already worked on this one!

So did I read that right and bot deleted it?
And did you just add it back in? Am I reading that right???

Could that change have left the listing live, but dropped the ranking or what happened?

(Sorry but as you know, to me reading MM is like reading a different language, just never sure I'm reading things right.)

Anyway thanks SO much for helping Kristen out with the edits!

Andrew, thank you SO much for your help on this. I'm not exactly clear what is going on with the listing - if it was deleted or not. It looks like you deleted the categories and moved the suite number before the address, am I reading that right? I'm with Linda in that I can't tell exactly what's going on in MM.

Linda - I sincerely appreciate you staying on top of this for me! :)

Hopefully whatever edits Andrew made will bring this listing back to life!

Thanks again,
Kristen

Andrew, thank you SO much for your help on this. I'm not exactly clear what is going on with the listing - if it was deleted or not. It looks like you deleted the categories and moved the suite number before the address, am I reading that right? I'm with Linda in that I can't tell exactly what's going on in MM.

Linda - I sincerely appreciate you staying on top of this for me! :)

Thanks again,
Kristen
Sorry for the delay, I had popped in but never responded to the thread. Linda, the deletion you reference is amost certainly the bot deleting the address from the Address Line. (Ah Places and their non-conforming address formats...) If the listing was actually deleted what you would have seen was something like "feature removed" in red letters. I'm not sure why the listing took a hit. It looks like in August it was getting some attention from someone at Google with high trust (as their edits self publish) and then the listing reportedly plumeted. I've done all I can think of, but will take another look at the website and G+ page to see if anything stands out. Also, I removed the categories that were non-conforming and selected the primary cat which covers what the business does. The specifics can be covered in the narrative on the G+ page. Hopefully things will pick up!

Thanks again,
Kristen

UPDATE: I just wanted to give everyone an update that the listing is now once again ranking for their top 2 keywords like they were back in August! Andrew, whatever you did seems to have worked beautifully!

Thank you again! Andrew, Linda, you're the best!!!

UPDATE: I just wanted to give everyone an update that the listing is now once again ranking for their top 2 keywords like they were back in August! Andrew, whatever you did seems to have worked beautifully!

Thank you again! Andrew, Linda, you're the best!!!
Glad to hear things worked out. I could speculate, but the only thing I did was make the feature look like the form Google likes to see. Somethings things get screwy and a good kick can get things going again. :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom