More threads by WineCountryCarpetCleaning

Reaction score
What do I need to do to stop an old listing showing up in maps? I have one that I deleted and it shows as suspended in the account, but I can still see it in maps. Should I go into map maker and delete it? I am afraid it will harm my current accurate listing.

Do I need to delete the listing from the places dashboard?

Here is the listing that is showing up in maps. It no longer has a places account and doesn't show up in the any search except for the business name.

Are you referring to a listing with a previous, no longer in business address? If so, your best option is to mark it as closed/relocated. You can do this VIA the edit business details/report a problem feature.

Suspending the old listing in the Places dashboard won't accomplish anything. As long as there are citations out there for it, it will continue to display in G+ Local. Remove it from the Places account and mark it as closed.

But I'm a little confused. You said, "Do I need to delete the listing from the places dashboard?"

But then you said, "
Here is the listing that is showing up in maps. It no longer has a places account.."

Is the incorrect/old listing claimed in the Places account?

It is deleted in the places dashboard (it shows as all grayed out and reads suspended in yellow). Next to the listing it gives me the option to re instate the listing or delete it from the dashboard.

I deleted it in maps as well, but it just doesn't seem to have happened yet I guess.

Can you share a couple screenshots of the message in the dashboard? I'm a little confused.

Once the pending edit you made in Map Maker (I'm assuming that's your edit) gets approved, the listing should be marked closed, which is what you want.

I think I have a handle on it now, I deleted the listing completely out of the places dashboard (Dad was actually the one who did it first, guess I should have gotten involved) and I marked as closed on mapmaker (this is where I made my biggest mistake not doing that right off the bat)

What do I need to do to stop an old listing showing up in maps? I have one that I deleted and it shows as suspended in the account, but I can still see it in maps. Should I go into map maker and delete it? I am afraid it will harm my current accurate listing.

Do I need to delete the listing from the places dashboard?

Here is the listing that is showing up in maps. It no longer has a places account and doesn't show up in the any search except for the business name.
The address on the website matches the Places page you linked to. Maybe you should change your own website...

got a call from mapmaker today and he got it deleted for me. Thanks again for all the help guys :)
You're quite welcome. I'm curious that you said "mapmaker" called. Do you mean someone from Maps called you? I've never hear of someone from the Map Maker team calling people. Maybe you could describe how that call came about.

Not sure if it was actually map maker, but it was unlike any call I have ever gotten from maps. It was the same mountain view number, but the connection was perfectly clear and the guy was real laid back and communication was easy. He said he was calling in response to the edit in mapmaker, and he wanted to verify that we wanted to delete that location.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom