More threads by Chris B

Reaction score
Have a new client that is now on the new dashboard but when I go in there and look to view his listing, it goes to Maps.

I'm assuming I have to create a business+ page for him in order to have a local+ page (if that's what it's still called, thought I read it may change yet again)

Are there any special requirements on this page, such as needing a head shot of owner, etc?

Thanks,

Chris

Have a new client that is now on the new dashboard but when I go in there and look to view his listing, it goes to Maps.

I'm assuming I have to create a business+ page for him in order to have a local+ page (if that's what it's still called, thought I read it may change yet again)

Chris I wonder if it's doing that because the link to listing is not syncing yet? In the old dash it would take you to do not support when the listing was new.

Search for phone on maps, then for name and city and see if it comes up OK.

Not sure which way you mean "local+ page".

If you mean the page that shows in search that used to be called a Place page, no you don't have to create a G+ business page. You only need to create that page if you want social features. And if you don't have the option to create one right in your new dash yet, you should wait.

Chris, as far as I can tell that is the new normal. Again, this is just from my limited testing, but you are correct. If you click on the "live" tab in the new dash it takes you to the listing in maps.google.com

If you click on "more info" on that listing it should take you to the G+ Local page itself. There may be a way to go straight to the G+ Local page from the new dashboard but I haven't found it yet.

I need to get back into my test account and play. How many times have I said that this week? :rolleyes:

It looks like you have to do the upgrade to the merged Local G+ Page to get a link from the dashboard directly to the live page. Otherwise it looks like you can only navigate to the maps.google.com page.

new places dash links.jpg

new places dash links.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom