More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Comment just came into Mike's blog from someone saying a Google Adwords rep told them
Google+ Local has a CODE FREEZE until 12/15, so they can't make any changes.

That normally means big update. (If the above info is correct.)

I do know about a big update that's in the works, but have not heard a release date.

Hang on to your seats (updates can be a wild ride!)
You're welcome in advance for the head's up - if it happens.

(Totally could be miscommunication or incorrect info from Adwords rep.)

Wow Mike you nailed this one on head!

We have been dealing with so many of the issues that you’ve mentioned above that I was really starting to go crazy. We fill out the places duplicate listing form and they get rid of the duplicate AND remove the correct listing that had already been verifed, had reviews, and was showing up well in the local results. Luckily enough for us…lol…..we have a large AdWords budget, so we were able to actually talk to someone about the mess and we were told that Google Places is in a code freeze until the 15th of this month.

Hopefully they will get with the program and fix the mess that is Google Places soon.

BIG LOL at my typo (or freudian slip)!
In title at 1st I wrote "Bug Update Coming?"
:p

Thanks for the heads up. You got me worried with your date "12/15", which is December 2015 over here in the UK. I didn't think that sounded right :)

Lovely, just in time for Christmas!

Thanks for the heads up. You got me worried with your date "12/15", which is December 2015 over here in the UK.

LOL! I sure hope we don't have to wait THAT long for the next update! :rolleyes:

But ya, it's possible we'll get an early Christmas present.
I've been a really good girl Google. Please make it a GOOD one! :p

If I were a betting man, I'd say yes, there's a major update coming soon.

The main reason why I think so is because in late May of this year I presented a webinar for a few dozen dental clients on Google Places.

One week later, Google Places went Google+ Local.

Now I've been asked to present at another webinar for some more dentists. Of course when I do all this work, Google will make another huge change and make my content irrelevant :D

LOL! Chris is doing a seminar. That's a sure indicator of impending update! :p

I'm doing Advanced G+L Training in 10 min. As always I worry that whatever I teach today,
may be out of date by tomorrow. :rolleyes:

So what's the verdict? What do you guys think?

Just a rumor? Reality? Impending doom? or YAY! :p

Whatever they do...if they do anything...I'm sure will be a mess:p I have very little faith in anything "Google Local" these days.

Travis Van Slooten

Comment just came into Mike's blog from someone saying a Google Adwords rep told them
Google+ Local has a CODE FREEZE until 12/15, so they can't make any changes.

That normally means big update. (If the above info is correct.)

I do know about a big update that's in the works, but have not heard a release date.

Hang on to your seats (updates can be a wild ride!)
You're welcome in advance for the head's up - if it happens.

(Totally could be miscommunication or incorrect info from Adwords rep.)

BIG LOL at my typo (or freudian slip)!
:p
I'm guessing that the http://localsearchforum.catalystema...mportant/1609-new-community-edits-format.html / http://localsearchforum.catalystema...ch/1607-new-edit-business-details-format.html that were spotted in The Great White North would be the source of the "code freeze?"

Linda, that is hysterical :D

You made me take too large a gulp of my tea.

Woowoo...update coming. Nervous but excited. Pass the popcorn.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom