More threads by sodomojo

Reaction score
Long story short:

New client doesn't know their Places login.

I created a new login to claim.

Claimed and had the postcard sent out.

They never got the postcard.

I went to have a new one sent out and a message popped up saying it was already claimed by somebody.

Client has no idea who.

Client talked to Google. Google said the only thing they could do was send an email to the email address on file as claiming the listing originally.

Client doesn't know who that is.

Long story short, we can't claim the clients listing.

What would you experts recommend?

---------- Post Merged at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Just got the email from Google saying they have unverified the listing.

What a freakin pain in the butt!

Just got the email from Google saying they have unverified the listing.

What a freakin pain in the butt!

Do you mean they unverified the original account so you can re-claim and are good now?

If still probs let me know and I'll show you a related post that will make you feel better. :p

I guess that's what they did. I'm not completely sure.

But if it was claimed, why could I request to claim it the first time?

But also, I've claimed listings before that are claimed, for example when I move it out of my clients personal gmail account over to the new business gmail account.

Weird.

But if it was claimed, why could I request to claim it the first time?

But also, I've claimed listings before that are claimed, for example when I move it out of my clients personal gmail account over to the new business gmail account.

Oh sorry for not explaining, thought you knew. I've posted about it a few times.

It's a new change that's rolling out along with the new dashboard changes. It would let you just re-claim any more like you used to be able to if someone had already claimed it. It's just starting to roll out. So maybe the 1st time you tried it went through and the 2nd time, this new change prevented it???

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom