More threads by Priya Chandra

Reaction score
This article from Jennifer Slegg of TheSEMPost is a bit misleading in it's title.

Simply titled "Best Practices for Adding a Store Locator to Your Site" you might be forgiven for thinking it only applies to large, multi-national / international companies but with gems like this:

Are your phone numbers in plain text? I went to a mobile site recently where the web designer had made the store contact information and the phone numbers in a fancy font? in an image. So while I was attempting to contact the location, I had to memorize the phone number to enter it so I could make the call? and not everyone?s memory is good enough to remember those 12+ digits without having to go back and forth at least a couple of times.

The other important thing is that plain text phone numbers are then clickable from a mobile phone, making it easy for potential customers to reach you.

there's plenty of helpful information in my opinion for the one or two location local business too.

Read the full article here: "Best Practices for Adding a Store Locator to Your Site"

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom