More threads by IndianapolisVet

Reaction score
Good morning folks!!

I just randomly noticed that when you view my business facebook page, and click on the text of my address, I'm taken to a map I've never seen before, on maps.here.com, which appears to be headquartered in the Netherlands.

When did Facebook quit using Bing maps?

Anyways, my question is, my category appears to be incorrect, as technically a veterinary clinic isn't a "Hospital or Healthcare Facility", but clicking on the "help improve the map" link does not locate my business in the little popup window that shows up, so I can't edit it.

Plus, my hours aren't correct and I can't edit those either.

Are you familiar with this site and how to navigate it?

Here and Facebook struck a deal about a year ago.

I'm not sure how to edit there, but someone else may know.

HERE is owned by Nokia. They are part of Yext's publishing network - Update Your Business Listings - Yext PowerListings

You used to be able to register here - https://primeplaces.here.com/ but it looks like they limited who they're allowing in (possibly because of the publisher relationship). You could probably see if Whitespark or Brightlocal would be able to claim/update data on those sites. Not entirely sure if there's a good way to edit the map short of making edits on the map (help improve the map link on the listing).

Try this.
https://mapfeedback.here.com/#/report

I don't think there is anyway to claim/verify your business. As you have seen, the whole thing is pretty obtuse.

Here does have an editor similar to Google Mapmaker. We've played with it a bit with mixed results. I can't recall tbe url but there is a link on here.com somwhere. Or Google it.

We used to update Here directly. About a year ago the interface stopped working, with a message to update listings via Bing. I thought Bing bought them but I guess not.

We've seen some cross-pollination with Bing maps (bugs more likely). Tricky to fix those too.

Here began as Navteq and was acquired by Nokia. Microsoft bought Nokia. Here maps showed up in Nokia and Microsoft phones.

Here may be more relevant in Europe (?). BMW is a part owner i think, so we might see it in GPS. Clearly Facebook has a nig interest, so I'll keep watching them.

As for fixing Facebook? Try the link above. Some sort of ritual sacrifice might help too.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom