More threads by Eric Rohrback

Eric Rohrback

Solutions
Reaction score
I've been working as the onsite + local analyst team lead for a few weeks now (promoted from an analyst position), and I've been spending a lot of time thinking about how I can improve my team's performance. One thing I realized is that this team does the onsite analysis, then passes it on to the development team, then moves on to the next project. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of ownership with each project because it's only being worked on for X amount of time then passed on to the next team. I think finding a way to take more ownership over a project will improve quality.

For you managers out there, what do you think is the best way to give your team a better way to take ownership and pride over their projects? What do you think is the best way to prove that they need to put "their mark" on the work and put the extra effort in to making it flawless? I appreciate any an all suggestions to this question. My goal is to create and atmosphere where they take more pride in their work, not just working to get the work done.

I would restructure how they work with projects. To completely "own" a project, you have to follow it from start to finish.

Yes, that would be a big overhaul I'm sure but I think it's truly the only way.

There are other rewards for going that route as well. A more complete and up-to-date view of SEO as a whole, among other things.

Ownership comes from owning the process and the results. You can't own the process and results if you're only responsible for a little bit of it.

I would restructure how they work with projects. To completely "own" a project, you have to follow it from start to finish.

Yes, that would be a big overhaul I'm sure but I think it's truly the only way.

There are other rewards for going that route as well. A more complete and up-to-date view of SEO as a whole, among other things.

Ownership comes from owning the process and the results. You can't own the process and results if you're only responsible for a little bit of it.

Joshua,, thanks for that post.

That is the exact process that I firmly believe my team needs to take, just wasn't sure if I was the only one that thought that. Your insight has helped!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom