We've made changes to a client's Google Local listing, but every time I press the "Verify Now" button, it takes me briefly to the map, then an error message: "Sorry we're having some issues at the moment. Please try again later."
This has been happening the past few days. Any suggestions?
We are adding content to our local directory site. We have pages that contain various types of listings, like community events, golf courses, government offices, etc.
The META data has the city and state (e.g., Delaware OH). But the individual listings only have the city, not the state or zip...
I'm an employee managing our company's social media. We already have a Google+ Page for the company, but I didn't create it as a "Local" page, since we do business in multiple states.
However, I want to claim our 2 sales office listings as local pages. Can I manage all three (1...
My personal Gmail account is the "owner" on our company's Google+ Page. I plan on claiming the listings of our two out-of-State sales offices.
Can I do so using the same Gmail address? Of should I create a separate Gmail account to claim each listing?
I'm looking for best practices for creating Google+ and/or Google+ Local Pages.
We offer both social media profile creation and Google+ Local claiming. With all the recent changes, these two separate services potentially conflict.
Here's what happens. A client purchases our claimed listings...
That's pretty much how our reps respond. I'd like them to be able to say something like:
"Only 3 percent of people search for you that way. Let me show you how the other 97 percent search for a plumber..."
Then have then do a keyword search, and watch their face when their competitors populate...
Thanks for the reply, Linda.
In the Yellow Page industry, we know that roughly 24% of users look at the in-column (alphabetical) listings for a specific company (i.e., a branded search); whereas, 76% view display ads because they don?t have a particular merchant in mind.
We?ve always used...
I'm wondering if there is any data available on how many people conduct a branded search vs. a location-based keyword search.
For example, when someone needs a plumber, what percentage of people search for a specific plumber (e.g., joe's plumbing columbus oh) vs. doing a local search (plumber...
I have two listings I'm trying to see whether or not they're claimed. When I click Manage this Page, both go to a "Let's Get Started" page.
Both have the name, address, phone, and a single category. Put one also has the customer's website URL. Is Goggle including these on unclaimed listings?
Thanks for the reply, Colan. I forgot to mention that this attorney is using a local 740 area code number that forwards to the main office in Cleveland. I know that they are deliberately attempting to market themselves all over Ohio, including that particular city.
My boss speculated that they...
One of our reps found this. Elk & Elk appears in the local results when you search for 'attorneys in washington courthouse ohio'. The address shows up in the listing only as Washington Ct Hs, OH, no street address.
According to their site, Elk & Elk has no office in that city. When I click on...
Thanks for your replies.
Problem is, the customer has an existing site he wants to keep. So the rep sells the idea of a secondary site with a "different geographic focus." I've been fighting this approach with the position that, as you said, it's difficult to rank in cities you're not located...
I hope you all can help. I have a sales rep whose strategy has been to sell the client a secondary website with a different “geographical focus” so he appears is a local search in a city in which he's not located.
Case in point. A computer repair company in Heath OH (population 10,300) already...
So how far can I take this? If the client has 4 different cities in mind to target, would that be too spammy of a URL? (I'm thinking, yes.)
I just spoke with such a client today. He sells insurance and there are 5 cities he'd like to draw business from, none of which is he located. What's the...
Thanks, Phil. I think your suggestion will work well for this situation.
BTW, I downloaded your 50+ page local search guide a few weeks back. Very helpful.
I appreciate everyone's replies and your willingness to share your expertise. My thanks to each one of you.