More threads by Chris Ratchford

Chris Ratchford

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a client who's had problems w/ Google Maps/Places for a long time.

I noticed that when you search the address of their office, Google shows a marker in the wrong location. I've contacted MapMaker over a year ago... and again and again.

I accessed the city/county GIS website and noticed that they too have a discrepancy with street address and location of the building.

Here's a screenshot explaining the issue. How can we get this resolved w/out having to get local gov't involved?

Madison-AL-GOV-GIS.jpg

Madison-AL-GOV-GIS.jpg

Chris,

Try searching for the address on Google Maps, select Report A Problem and then select " <label msgid="14635" for="mps-address-misplaced" jstcache="0" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: arial, sans-serif;">The marker is misplaced on the map"

You can then move it to the correct spot. If you can support the edit with a link to something to verify the proper location, great :)

I've had success with doing it this way a few times in the past.</label>

---------- Post Merged at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I've contacted MapMaker over a year ago... and again and again.

What do you mean? How did you contact them?

Hi Colan,

The problem isn't just the wrong pin, but the street block markings are off.

I contacted MM by going to Google Map Maker. Is that what you're asking?

I'd post in the Map Maker forum and get a pro mapper or Googler to help you.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/map-maker

If you can see pending edits that never got approved, post in review edit requests.
Or post basically what you did above in the general forum I would think, asking for help getting it fixed.

Timely question, we are having an issue getting changes approved for one location.

The scraper has made a mess of things, marker is off, etc., and it has been going crazy since April.

I've had pretty good luck with approvals until now but I noticed that you can also protest a denial and leave a comment.

Keep us posted on your progress...

Hi Chris,

I moved the location of the address (not the business marker) so that when someone searches by address, the address marker displays in the correct area. Once the edit is approved on MapMaker, the address marker should be correct. For me, address changes typically take a few days to be approved.

Alex rocks! Can we call you our new MM rockstar now? :p

@allc Alex,

Good karma coming to you! I really appreciate your help!

Can't thank you enough!!!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom