More threads by Marie Ysais

Reaction score
I have been monitoring a niche for a client and about a week ago all of the local maps disappeared for all of their targeted keywords. Now, it is only an organic race. I keep waiting to see if the local maps will return but so far just organic. The niche is plumbing and it was pretty competitive so I was surprised to see the maps disappear. However, I do wonder if they will re-appear perhaps with some changes? only time will tell.
Has anyone else noticed local maps disappearing in your niches? :eek:

Hi Marie, is there NO map, or is there a map with only a single listing and no 7 pack.

I've reported on a problem that's affecting lots of listings, and many I've seen are plumbers where a one box knocks everyone else out. Here's the thread with a screen shot. Is this what you are seeing?

Attack of the Bad Google Local One-Boxes? Other Algo Changes?

(I've reported to Google and they are working on it.)

If instead you mean just no map at all, I see that occasionally even for a big local search like Seattle Chiropractor. It's just a temporary glitch and usually only lasts for a day or so.

Marie does not have time to post right now but she emailed me to say the onebox problem is exactly what she's seeing, just like my screen shot in the other post. :(

I went through the other post with this exact issue that Linda has been reporting on and YES, this is exactly what I am seeing. I noticed it for the first time about a week ago. I have waited a week to say anything because I thought it would have resolved itself.

These used to be a 7 pack and now we are only seeing the one and everyone else was knocked out:
Google
Google

and it goes on and on. Something I find interesting is the top guys in the 7 pack are at the bottom of the page.

I hope this is fixed soon as these guys are loosing a lot of money. The phone calls have dropped a LOT and so have the website views.

Super strange for a city the size of Austin.

I checked plumber locust grove ga and the 7 pack still come back and that is a small town area.

Super strange for a city the size of Austin.

I checked plumber locust grove ga and the 7 pack still come back and that is a small town area.

It only happens when there is a strong EMD Place page title and/or domain. The ones that are super strong are often super spammy and more likely to be found in big competitive cities.

Plus as I noted in the other thread, sometimes you have to set search to that city to see them. If you are searching from a different city they won't show up. Only show for the locals.

I went through the other post with this exact issue that Linda has been reporting on and YES, this is exactly what I am seeing. I noticed it for the first time about a week ago. I have waited a week to say anything because I thought it would have resolved itself.

These used to be a 7 pack and now we are only seeing the one and everyone else was knocked out:
Google
Google

and it goes on and on. Something I find interesting is the top guys in the 7 pack are at the bottom of the page.

I hope this is fixed soon as these guys are loosing a lot of money. The phone calls have dropped a LOT and so have the website views.

Yep same issue.

And agree it's a problem and I hope they fix it soon too.

Marie:

At various times over the years when some problems occur with Maps/PAC presentations I've seen google remove the PAC/Maps views.

Often when the fix the algo problem du jour the PAC's will reappear.

Of course Maps have never reappeared for searches such as SEO/city or Advertising Agency/City.

If the issues are attached to this weird current OneBox phenomena and if Google can fix it than I suspect PACS will reappear shortly. If not..............

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom