More threads by Mike Pedersen

Reaction score
So I just typed dentist + city in google local and came back with individual, personal pages, not the main business page. Many of them have their main company listed in local, but now I'm seeing separate dentist pages for each person in those local results.

So is it wise to create multiple pages then? Meaning, have the main company local page, then have a doc page as well?

I'm confused which is not hard to do lol.

No for all the reasons we covered in training and consulting on that Dentist with the problems, it's clear to see dupes can hurt you and usually ruin the practice ranking.

Sounds like you are seeing a weird result, a buggy algo or something.

I just searched Dentist City in several cities and am not seeing it.

Can't you give us the key phrase so we can see it? That won't give away who your client is.

FYI I just checked "Dentist City" for the city your client is in, that I just consulted with you on. Guess who's back on page one now??? :D (Oddly still on page 2 for City Dentist though. But ranks C for abbreviated City name + Dentist - but Google has not re-indexed yet.)

Yes, see improvement, but at the same time lost authorship :confused: and don't know why.

QUOTE=Linda Buquet;24916]No for all the reasons we covered in training and consulting on that Dentist with the problems, it's clear to see dupes can hurt you and usually ruin the practice ranking.

Sounds like you are seeing a weird result, a buggy algo or something.

I just searched Dentist City in several cities and am not seeing it.

Can't you give us the key phrase so we can see it? That won't give away who your client is.

FYI I just checked "Dentist City" for the city your client is in, that I just consulted with you on. Guess who's back on page one now??? :D (Oddly still on page 2 for City Dentist though. But ranks C for abbreviated City name + Dentist - but Google has not re-indexed yet.)[/QUOTE]

"But ranks C for abbreviated City name + Dentist"

Author image was there earlier today and is still there for me now.

Author Image back for me too!

Still showing the title in reverse order, but looks like we are moving in the right direction anyways.

Kind of fun to see it changing (and improving) in front of my own eyes in a matter of a few days.

Checking one of their competitors who is ranking high. ahrefs show THREE backlinks and that's it. Wow! How did they get a double ranking on first page (different website) with only THREE backlinks?

Mike

"But ranks C for abbreviated City name + Dentist"

Author image was there earlier today and is still there for me now.

FYI usually only the 1st 3 or so in the pack show author image. Cuz only the 1st 3 or so are organic (sometimes 2 or 4, depends on market and varies) and it's the organic listing that has the image. The lower listings are pulling from maps and therefore don't have author.

So if she dropped to D you would think she lost author. She didn't its just not showing cuz it's a map listing not organic listing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom