More threads by shondarogers

Reaction score
Google+ page is:
Star Staffers - Google+

When i try to edit details I get the message "if you own this place claim it and edit directly." When i click the EDIT THIS LISTING button, i am taken to a new screen that says the " This Listing Is Unavailable

You may only access listings that you own. If you created this listing with a different Google Account, please log in to that account and try again. If you've deleted this listing, you may create it again in Google Places." When i go to my google places dashboard, the listing is there, 100% complete. Phone number is 281-362-8367

What next?

Re: Help Please - Getting "Listing Not Available" message

When i try to edit details I get the message "if you own this place claim it and edit directly." When i click the EDIT THIS LISTING button, i am taken to a new screen that says the " This Listing Is Unavailable

You may only access listings that you own. If you created this listing with a different Google Account, please log in to that account and try again. If you've deleted this listing, you may create it again in Google Places." When i go to my google places dashboard, the listing is there, 100% complete. Phone number is 281-362-8367

Hi,

Where are you trying to edit details from? Within the dashboard? Any chance you can do a screen shot of what you are doing and the message you are getting?

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:48 AM ----------

If you are trying to edit the listing directly on the listing itself, VIA Edit Business Details, make sure you are logged into the correct account.

Shonda this can be confusing and can happen when you enter the "front door" as I call it and enter from the page itself. I never recommend that.

Always go to the Places log in screen (bookmark it) and the log in for each client and you'll be in their dash. (Going in the back door.)

Here you go. Google Places Login Top Right

here are the screen shot - and i am logged into the correct account. I went to the places page and then did a search in maps by phone number. I clicked on the result and went to this page...
image #1
Then i clicked on "edit business details" and got this page
image#2
Then i click on either the link at top left or the blue box and get this
image #3

#A.JPG

#C.JPG

#B.JPG

I know what you are saying and have seen that happen.
But like I said, just don't do it that way.

What happens when you log in the way I recommended? Log in Here

Does it go to the proper listing when you click "view" listing from within the dashboard?

Yes - the info is all correct - those are not my pictures tho - not sure where they came from.
#A.JPG

#A.JPG

Sounds like the listing might be claimed in another account somewhere. This could be causing your inability to edit VIA "Edit Business Details"

Any idea if it could be claimed somewhere else?

You would want to find out where it's claimed and try to have it removed from that account.

I think the best way to do that, if you don't know where else it's claimed, is to get the attention of Jade on the Google for business forum and ask her to look into it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom