More threads by Laustin1878

Reaction score
Several months ago, I created a listing under the Google Places Dashboard. It was the new Places Dashboard. When I search for the company via the map search, it links to the Google+ page and asks if I am the business owner. I currently make all adjustments in the new Google Places Dashboard.

Would this be considered a merged listing, a listing in transition or something else? I do not have a Google+ or Google+ Business page created, just a Google Places account. I want to link to the companies places account from their website and not sure whether I should use the G+ page that is displaying or try to find the Google Places listing.

Hi Luke, there are too many variations and stages and it's impossible to guess based on a description. Could possibly be one of the pages Google auto-upgraded. If you can share the link we can tell you what's up.

Would the dashboard be auto updated to a G+ dash if it was in fact auto updated or would it remain the places dash because I don't have a G+ page created? Looking at the map listing, it acts as if the listing has not been claimed. I have not seen the G+ page until recently. I have claimed the places listing I created.

A) I don't want to claim the G+ listing and cause any kind of a duplicate or other issue with merging
B) I don't know if I should use the G+ URL that is displaying

Here is the search result: https://www.google.com/maps?t=m&ll=...5412,10.551994503882328&output=classic&dg=opt I am working with C. I also just noticed a purple pin showing behind the pin labeled C. First time seeing this. Lastly, I am curious why I'm not seeing the category showing under the listing like you see in some others.

I've managed to get them to #3 compared to just being a dot a few months ago. I'm looking to better understand what I'm seeing. Sorry to add on to my original question, just noticing a few things I had not noticed prior.

That link didn't work for me Luke. Just shows whole NE US with no listings, and even if it did...

What I see as C could be different that what you see as C, so I could end up wasting a lot of time
barking up the wrong tree, you C??? :p

So try a different link to what you are seeing in map search - or give me query or screenshot.
But then I also need the direct link to the listing to be sure I am looking at right one.
(Or link to 2 listings if there are 2 in question.)

I C what you are saying...

Let me know if the attachment didn't work. Here is the link which shows the G+ listing: https://plus.google.com/106018448503884291781/about?gl=us&hl=en

This has turned into more of a mess than I wanted...lol all I was looking for was the link to the damn map listing.

screencapture.jpg

Thanks Luke that helps.

Had to go back and re-read the 1st post 3 times now that I see the listing.

Maybe I'm missing something that's confusing you or did not understand the question?

But that listing is just a plain old Place page AKA G+ Local listing.
It's not a G+ business page or merged or upgraded or anything.

You can verify it by going to dash and clicking view my listing or however it's worded in the new dash.

They all say "are you the business owner" even if they are claimed.

That's the page you link to.

Thank you Linda. The g+ in the URL was throwing me off and I know there have been some difficulties with merging old and new listings. I was afraid of creating a dupe if I claimed the listing I linked to. I linked to a listing recently but I didn't notice the google+ in the URL so I thought it was in transition or something.

"I was afraid of creating a dupe if I claimed the listing I linked to."

That listing is already claimed, so if this is new client, should not re-claim, should get log in from client.

"The g+ in the URL was throwing me off."

The links have been like that for over a year, ever since Google upgraded to G+ Local.

If still confused about the types of pages should read this if you missed it.
Crazy Google Local Page Name Conundrum - Clearing the Confusion

It shows the different types of pages.

But the easy simple way to tell is...

If reviews or write a review but NO follow button. It's a plain ole Place page. Now called G+ local. (Yes link starts with plus.google DOT com)

If follow button but NO reviews or write a review then it's a G+ Business page.

If BOTH follow button and reviews or write a review then either it's a merged page (also known as a verfied G+ Business page) OR it's been auto-updated by Google.

This is what happens when you get used to copy and paste so much, not to mention trying to speed up your process. A year huh? :rolleyes:

Back to the drawing board.

But the easy simple way to tell is...

If reviews or write a review but NO follow button. It's a plain ole Place page. Now called G+ local. (Yes link starts with plus.google DOT com)

If follow button but NO reviews or write a review then it's a G+ Business page.

If BOTH follow button and reviews or write a review then either it's a merged page (also known as a verfied G+ Business page) OR it's been auto-updated by Google.

Another real quick way to tell if it's a plain ole G+ Local page is that it ALWAYS has a map as the cover photo.

G+ Business page or a verified/merged Local G+ page NEVER have a map as the cover photo.

Thanks Colan. I'm quite embarrassed by the situation....lol I realized the change in the look of the page but thought it was only for G+ business pages.

Needless to say, it's now on my short to-do list to focus on the G+ forum here and become much more better versed.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom