More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I was just having an interesting discussion with one of my colleagues about ATM's and how they fit into Google Places in light of them recently being added to the Quality Guidelines:

.Your business location should be staffed during its stated hours.
  • Exceptions to the above are self-serve businesses such as ATMs or video-rental kiosks. If adding these locations, you should include contact information for customers to get help.

At first thought that ATM's go against Google's guideline that states:

• Only businesses that make in-person contact with customers qualify for a Google Places listing.

Then my colleague pointed out the subtle detail in that guideline. It doesn't say "only businesses that make person to person contact" it simply says "Only businesses that make in-person contact" which would make room for an ATM to have a G+ Local page even though it doesn't have any staff there to make contact with the employee, since customers are indeed making contact with the business/ATM.

Does this also mean that vending machines and other non-staffed kiosks qualify for a Google+ Local page?

Anyone ever looked into this before?

LOL - Over-analyse?! Never!!!
Would love to know what the acceptable exceptions are to Google's rules... sigh...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom