More threads by shondarogers

Reaction score
I have a client whose dentist listing is ranking well for the office. There is also an office listing that doesn't show up at all - it is a newer listing. His has been around for a long time. Should i just promote his listing and not worry about the office one or try to promote the office listing so it starts to show up in searches? NOTE: the dentist listing is the one promoted on the website...not the newer office listing. Just changing that might help...HOWEVER i don't want to risk losing his and then i will have nothing.

My vote is if it's not broken, don't fix it. If he's ranking well with one listing, I'd continue to focus on that one. I always try to think of what would result in the highest ROI for the client (without breaking Google's rules). You focusing on that listing results in a higher ranking thus more phone calls for the client, while abiding by Google's rules so I think it's a win-win.

Uber complicated and totally depends and I'd have to consult to give you the right answer since it would require a deep dive.

But in general terms...

1) Which to promote depends in part on what the client wants. Normally they want the practice to rank, so then you need to minimize the Dr listing so it is not outranking or pushing out the practice listing.

2) The practice listing may not rank as high since it's newer or may not be as strong.

BUT it's also possible/likely because it's just not ranking because the Dr. listing is in the way.

I've done this many times. I 'minimize' the Dr listing, and then the practice pops up where it should be.

If there are 90 Dentists in a town and only 7 spots in the pack, Google is just not going to give one business 2 spots. She won't put both the Dr and the practice in the pack and give them 2 of the 7 spots.

3) If the Dr does not care at all about his practice brand name and just wants to rank with either one, then as Joy said leave it. But in my experience they usually want the practice to rank and want to get rid of the Dr listing, so that's why I invented the "minimize" technique which Jade recently said she thought made sense and was a good strategy.

I wrote up a strategy for dealing with the ranking problem below. All the consultants that have tried it tell me it works well.

Read both in detail BOTTOM ONE 1st.

http://marketing-blog.catalystemarketing.com/index.php?s=practitioner+duplicates

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom