More threads by ccoke

ccoke

Reaction score
I have a Google+ Local (Google Places) page and a Google+ Business page under the same account that are not merged. Both pages have the same reviews and same business description, but continue to be separate pages.

One caveat to this is that the Places Page is also claimed under another account (so currently claimed in two places). The reason for this is that the page was originally claimed under an account that has several other business as well, so recently we decided to re-claim it under a new account just for this one business so that all of their Google+ pages would be under one account. Will deleting the listing from the old account (old dashboard) help with getting these two pages merged together.

Here is how they look currently:

https://plus.google.com/103808977948819048097/about (places page)
https://plus.google.com/b/103984904863092108941/103984904863092108941/about (local business page)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
"Both pages have the same reviews and same business description, but continue to be separate pages."

No business pages don't have reviews and that 2nd page is a pure business page. There are no reviews on that page.

You have an account with several businesses in it? That's a huge problem in and of itself.

With Google+ again Google has been saying all along, don't merge yet...

But another thing they've said is def don't merge a Places listing that has data problems.

Being claimed in 2 account is not only a data problem but a major violation.

You need to kick it out of the group account. That's just to avoid a myriad of other problems having it dual claimed could be causing. Not sure that will do anything to help the merge.

If it does not merge, you'll need to contact support. I'm thinking you may have to delete that G+ page and wait for the upgrade, but I'm not sure. So I could not waste time doing posts or circles until this is cleared up.

FYI the other listings in that account are at risk. It's a really dangerous practice to have multiple clients in the same account.

Thanks for the response.

The 2nd page (Business page) does have reviews. They are showing at the bottom of the ABout page and are the same reviews as what shows on the places page.

In the last few months I have successfully merged pages for two other businesses and this is how their merged pages look, reviews at the bottom of the ABout Us page vs the actual Reviews page.

As for the multiple businesses under one account...this is how the business set the account up which is why I am trying to clean it up and get everything under a single business account. I just was hesitant to delete the listing from the old account just yet, although it appears the info that I entered in the new account is flowing through to the Places listing.

I will proceed with deleting the listing from the old account and see if that helps before reaching out to Google directly.

Thanks again

The 2nd page (Business page) does have reviews. They are showing at the bottom of the ABout page and are the same reviews as what shows on the places page.

There are no reviews on the business page for me at bottom of about page. I'm thinking you are seeing them because you are logged in, but that still does not make sense to me.

If it's not merged there should not be reviews on the page at all.
If it WAS merged the reviews would look just like they do on that Place page.

Can you log out of that clients account and view that business page with a different browser and tell me if you still see the reviews?

In the last few months I have successfully merged pages for two other businesses and this is how their merged pages look, reviews at the bottom of the ABout Us page vs the actual Reviews page.

Now I'm really confused. There is no reviews page. The reviews on a merged page look just like they do on the Place page in the top link. They are right on the main page just like that. In fact the merged page body layout would look almost identical to that Place page, it would just have a follow button and check mark and a post tab.

So reviews are not at bottom of about us page.
And there is not an actual reviews page.

Now it's possible you are sitting on a test server and seeing some new iteration of pages that no one else has seen yet.

Can you share a screenshot of the reviews you are seeing at bottom of the business page and this review page you are referring to?

You are totally right. When logged out I see no reviews or when I view the page as "Public" I dont see reviews. However, when I view the page as myself (logged in), the About page looks just like the Places page w/ reviews at the bottom.

Here is a screenshot of a merged page where the reviews show at the bottom of the About Us page and not in a Reviews tab. This is correct, right?

screenshot2.jpg

The page above is what is listed in Maps and Local Search.

screenshot2.jpg

Yes the screen shot you showed is a merged/verified page with reviews on it.

FYI there is no reviews page - or at least not the way you are explaining it.

There is a reviews tab you can turn on, on G+ and then there is a reviews page. BUT that's for reviews YOU LEAVE for OTHER BUSINESSES. That's not a page the shows reviews people give you. Reviews left FOR this business show up just like on that screen shot. Right on the about page.

So back to the PURE G+ page I am seeing that does not have reviews.
Odd that you are seeing the reviews logged in. It almost sounds like it's merged on the back end but the merge is not showing up live on the public page. That's a new one on me!

Yeah, the version of the page I see when logged in looks just like the screenshot above.

Guess I will contact the Google Places for Business team and see what they say.

Hi Linda,

I have a client with both Google Places and Google+ Local page accounts, which hasn't merged yet. Each of the account has it's own email address so I want to confirm if that's indeed the issue. How do I go about un-claiming an account and then reclaiming an account under a different email address? Will I need to go through the verification process again?

Thanks for your help in advanced!

Hi redseed.

Google Places and Google+ Local page are the same thing. Just different names for the same page.

I think what I just explained in your other thread helps address this. Basically do not merge/verify right now...

But if you still have questions instead of posting in this thread which is about a different type of problem - please post in the other thread I'm helping you in if it's that same client. If it's a new and different problem and you need more help please start your own help thread so your problem does not cause confusion with ccoke's issue.

Thanks, Linda

Well, my two pages finally merged together yesterday. Funny thing, they were still unmerged when I called Google and while on the phone with a rep, they merged together, yet the rep said she did not do anything.. Sounds funny, but I will take it!

Really, that's odd. But good news. Thanks for letting us know!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom