More threads by Travis Van Slooten

Solutions
Reaction score
I'm working with a service-based business (home security business). Their Google Places listing has been around for a couple years now so it has the old dashboard.

I went in and uploaded 10 photos, changed the description, business hours, etc. and none of these changes are going live and it's been almost a month now.

Is this normal? If so, when can the client expect to see these changes go live? What's weird is when I submitted the changes it said the changes would be live within a day.

Travis Van Slooten

P.S. Is there anyway I can upgrade him to the new dashboard or are we at the mercy of Google to roll that out for him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Travis, we are experiencing the same issue with listings in the old dashboard. Photos and changes to the business description don't ever seem to update. I am convinced that the old dashboard is 95% dead.

This all goes away with the new dashboard. Almost all edits that I've made in the new dash go live within 20 seconds or so, including photos, description, hours, and even moving the map marker.

There was a form to request an early update to the new dashboard, but I haven't heard of it working for anyone. All we can do is wait.

Thanks, Colan, for setting my mind at ease. I was going crazy thinking I was doing something wrong or I missed an update on this issue along the way. I guess we will sit and wait.

Thanks.

Travis Van Slooten

What's weird is when I submitted the changes it said the changes would be live within a day.

Haha, that messaging never keeps up with the data updates. Been a looong time since anything went live in a day.

Travis, we are experiencing the same issue with listings in the old dashboard. Photos and changes to the business description don't ever seem to update. I am convinced that the old dashboard is 95% dead.

This all goes away with the new dashboard. Almost all edits that I've made in the new dash go live within 20 seconds or so, including photos, description, hours, and even moving the map marker.

There was a form to request an early update to the new dashboard, but I haven't heard of it working for anyone. All we can do is wait.

I agree no one has had luck with that form that I know of.
Think we just have to wait.

But at least now you know it's not just you!

No you are not alone. I've got several clients still on the old dashboard with nothing updating. I submitted the early upgrade request when it was originally available and still not update.
Will update when (if) I see anything change.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom