Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

How to Add Your Business to Factual

Why does Factual matter to your visibility in the local search results? Because it feeds info on your business to a bunch of other important sites. David Mihm recently made that fact pretty clear, in his update to the Local Search Ecosystem infographic: Image source: http://moz.com/blog/2013-local-search-ecosystems Apple Maps ace Andrew Shotland has also explained that Factual […]

Read More at the Local Visibility System Blog ...

What do you guys think???

Please visit the site linked above to read the full post.
    Or add comments and questions below.
    FEATURING: Local Search News imported from featured Local Search Blogs

Please visit the link above to read the full post.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: How to Add Your Business to Factual

As far as I know it's via email only. Then you have to wait for your information to show up. If it's anything like these: https://getlisted.org/static/resourc...me_to_live.pdf more then 90 days to go live. We just started adding to them so we have not hit 90 days yet. Anyone know how long it takes to hit and how to check?

Email: datacontributions@factual.com with the following details: Contribute or Correct Data

Thanks getlisted.org and Mary Bowling for the tip offs: Local Search Data Management - SMX Advanced by Mary BowlingIgnitor Digital

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

The fastest, easiest and most scalable way of adding business data to Factual seems to be their submit API endpoint -- API Docs

I think they're working on creating a submission form for local businesses, it'll eventually be here. But, considering the fact that they're building a data service for developers, I think it's more natural for them to process the bulk of new business submissions or corrections via their API.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

And I'm cool with that if one of their approved providers opens up free submission online or they hurry up and get their form up themselves. They should want accurate data and I'm happy to help if it doesn't take 5 years and 30 emails to get it right.

I hope you are right.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

@jtweav

I take it you did read my original post on Factual? It's all in there - including how long it takes them to approve a listing (just a few days).

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

So I submitted a new business to Factual on 11/8 via email and today (11/12) I did see it in their database. However the data associated with the listing is pretty light, basically just NAP. It doesnt have any map coordinates, crosswalk data or website url. Will this all come gradually or should I email again and re-submit those updates?

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

@ccoke

Good question. I'm sure Factual will eventually absorb that additional info over time from some other source. But that's just a semi-educated guess. No harm in trying to get it added now. Definitely make sure they have you listed under the most-relevant category.