More threads by Mike Wilton

Reaction score
I was browsing some articles this afternoon and was reading Wordtrackers 194 Tips and Tactics from SearchLove 2012. The post covers the full spectrum of internet marketing, but I was impressed by the rather extensive list of tips from the local side of things.

Below are some of my favorites, but be sure to check out the entire post here: 194 SEO tips and tactics from SearchLove 2012 | Wordtracker

48) If you've changed address recently, search on your company name along with your old address and clean up any mentions of that address. Beware that it can take up to 100 days for Google to index your new address.
David Mihm

52) Send people to Qype or Yahoo Local to leave their reviews (not to Yelp ? you may end up blacklisted as they don't like solicitation for reviews).
David Mihm
53) Find powerful local reviewers on Topsy and create a channel in Tweetdeck or Hootsuite to track what it is they're tweeting about.

David Mihm

54) Use this search on Google:
"title="Elite 2012"" location site:yelp.co.uk/user_details"
to find Yelp power users (people who review a lot) if you're in the UK.
So, if you were looking for Yelp reviewers in Manchester your search would be:
"title="Elite 2012"" Manchester site:yelp.co.uk/user_details"

55) And if you were looking in New Jersey, USA you'd try:
"title="Elite 2012"" new jersey site:yelp.com/user_details

David Mihm
56) Use this search string to find Google+ users connected to Portland:
site:plus.google.com ?lived * Portland? If you're looking for other locations, just swap Portland for the location you're interested in.

David Mihm

58) Use www.findpeopleonplus.com to find people relevant to your market.
David Mihm

Thanks Mike! Great article.

Thanks Mike! You ROCK IT! :p

Really appreciate you sharing this. I saw a couple mentions of SearchLove and saw that David was speaking and searched for anything interesting the 1st day but found nothing and then never got around to checking again.

This is exactly the type of thing I've been hoping more members would start sharing here at the forum. So thanks again!

Terrific of you to recap this here, Mike! Much appreciated, and as always, wonderful tips from David.

Can anyone expand on tip #54
54) Use this search on Google:
"title="Elite 2012"" location site:yelp.co.uk/user_details"
to find Yelp power users (people who review a lot) if you're in the UK.
So, if you were looking for Yelp reviewers in Manchester your search would be:
"title="Elite 2012"" Manchester site:yelp.co.uk/user_details"

What do you do once you find an elite reviewer on Yelp? I have a couple thoughts as to where this tip is going, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom