More threads by Tom Bristol

Reaction score
Our client took over a practice from another doctor a couple of years ago, but hasn't created any local accounts for herself. There is an old auto-generated Google Places page for the old doctor that doesn't rank at all.

My question was whether to create a Google+ Business page with a Local category, or to use the old Google Places method for right now. Are Google+ Business page's ranking well?

Thanks!
Tom

Hey Tom,

You want to set it up in the Places dashboard. You'll get the new improved dash since it's a new listing.

And you need to mark the other Dentist listing as closed.

Don't create a G+ Business page at all right now. G is auto-updating all Place pages to G+ and says to wait until they do the upgrade for you. Here's the info if you weren't aware:
Google Begins Auto-Upgrade of G+ Local Listings to Google+ Business Pages

(All this is explained in greater detail in the new training program we talked about today.)

Thanks - I had a feeling that was the case, but I haven't been doing much in the area so I wanted to double check.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom