More threads by Gio Greenard

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I am learning a lot from the forum and rarely contribute, but I have been using these plugins whilst creating inner pages and thought they may be of use to newbies as they are free.

Comprehensive Google Map Plugin

Local Search SEO Contact Page (the map section is buggy but the rest works fine, so you can combine with the above)

On a different note as it's been bugging me is Google penalising for listing the city in the description???
Keep on hearing mixed opinions, sorry for the bold I cant un-click it! cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Blumenthal has mentioned a possible 10 point ranking penalty for city in description.

Thanks Colan, you are right. I started to post this last night then decided to save it to post today.

Thanks green for sharing the plugins.

On a different note as it's been bugging me is Google penalising for listing the city in the description??? Keep on hearing mixed opinions.

Re: Description - and want to make it clear, talking G+ L description not site description...

My personal best practice recommendation is never repeat CITY they are located in OR business name as listed on G+L and list only one main KW once. For a long time I've suspected ranking penalties for KW stuffed or City stuffed descriptions.

Mike Blumenthal recently confirmed my thoughts on this and said in a comment over at his blog.

Can a Citation Campaign Cause a Drop in Google Local Rankings?

From the owner: “San Diego bankruptcy lawyer and bankruptcy law firm specializing in helping you get out of debt San Diego.”

The use of geography this many times in a description can lead to a ~10 position loss of rank. I would remove ALL references to San Diego.

Now having said that, are there listings out there that get away with City in description? Yes. There are still listings with GEO stuffed titles that get away with it too. But I wouldn't risk doing either for a client knowing it 'could' cause a problem for their listing.

Hi Linda/ Colan Thanks for editing my original post.... I'm sorry I was rushing. I think I am going to go to a few of my listings and edit the description to see if there is any movement. I'm hoping my listings wont drop for 6 weeks, having said that being on page 3 is of no use anyway.

Have a great day.

BTW Linda I cant work out how to change my username it feels weird everyone calling me green ha ha.

BTW Linda I cant work out how to change my username it feels weird everyone calling me green ha ha.

That's in part because you don't have a sig with your name either so no one knows what to call you but green. :p

No way for you to change it. But I can. Please PM me the name you want and I'll take care of it for you.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom