More threads by Vickyboli

Reaction score
Hi,

I?ve been pushing some keywords around the web in order to get local visibility for some clients. So far the strategy have worked but lately, for some accounts I noticed that I?m not ranking in the local results on Google. I would like to know if for the Local search strategy is better to make a change of the keywords I?m pushing or if I should focus on the optimization for the Google + Business profile in order to get better rankings.

Thanks

If you got your on page done like those without over optimization I have found that you tend to just need a higher domain authority. Once you have that older keywords like plumbers Toronto will start working better for you: How To Do Onpage Optimization for Local SEO – The “Perfectly Optimized Local Page” Example

So I'll find local bloggers, authorities and guest post or offer free product to help build my authority. Complementary business are also great places to get links from say a home builder and a home improvement company. Hope that helps. If you provide a website link I would be happy to take a look.

Thanks jtweav, great link to share!

Hi Vicky

I?ve been pushing some keywords around the web in order to get local visibility for some clients. So far the strategy have worked...

Sorry I don't know what that means. How does pushing KWs around help ranking?

I would like to know if for the Local search strategy is better to make a change of the keywords I?m pushing or if I should focus on the optimization for the Google + Business profile in order to get better rankings.

Google + Business profiles don't rank in search. Did you mean the Place page?

To rank in local, in general it's a multi-faceted approach. You need a site well optimized specifically for local. You also need the correct NAP and a Place page that's set up right and violation-free.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom