More threads by Gio Greenard

Reaction score
Hi all,

Before all the latest updates it seemed relatively easy to get a video thumbnail ranking on page 1 for your kw + city, alongside your inner page and home page.

Recently this seems really hard to achieve. I would be interested in hearing anyone else's experiences......

I generally used to seo the video on YT, upload to numerous hosting sites and build some bookmarks/backlinks to the video.

I've read other methods people are using but they all seems rather black hat and will probably be short lived.

This is interesting, Gio. I thought it might just be me...but I have noticed what appears to be fewer video results for local searches. For example, in the past, I would have expected something like 'carpet cleaning company san francisco' to bring up at least one video result, but now there are none, and I've noticed this on all kinds of searches.

Has anyone else noticed that there are less videos in local search results?

You know I've never given it much thought but I can't tell you the last time I've seen a video for a local search. I do see videos more often than not on the 2nd page of results, however.

Travis Van Slooten

Hmmmm yeah that seems the general consensus, it's a shame really as the video thumbnails attracted a lot of interest.

I am going to do some tests on some videos, I will post my results at a later date.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom