More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
New York Times bestselling author and social media expert Chris Brogan just did a "Live on Air" Google Hangout about Google+ for Business yesterday.

The Hangout was hosted by Googler Caroline McCarthy and the other guests were Mike Elgan, Chad Wiebesick and Justin Williams of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery.

Chris offers some insights into what makes Google+ different than other social networks, how a business should get started and strategies for finding and engaging customers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/glYXzGUTdHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Tons of great insights and informative stories about how businesses are using and leveraging the power of Google+ for their business.

Chris' book is available on Amazon. Check it out here:
Google+ for Business: How Google's Social Network Changes Everything

Your thoughts on the video?

Thanks for the head's up on this. Has anyone in here participated in Google hangouts with their clients...or perhaps have helped a client with a hangout session with their customers?

Travis Van Slooten

Hi Travis,

I've only experienced Hangouts when I'm in meetings with Google. Have not had any 1st hand experience with clients or even my consultants that have done it yet.

It's such a cool medium though, especially for clients that want to show and do Q & A for new product announcements or product demos or even just community building live chat sessions with clients.

I agree. That's why I pose the question...I'm wondering how many small business owners are using this medium. My guess is the adoption rate for the average small business owner is fairly small right now.

Travis Van Slooten

It's such a cool medium though, especially for clients that want to show and do Q & A for new product announcements or product demos or even just community building live chat sessions with clients.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom