More threads by Bishop

Bishop

Reaction score
You guys had success ranking youtube videos for local search?
How did you do it?

Thanks for the links Linda!
The reason I ask is because my competition has the 1st & 2nd organic results for my keyword and I believe that youtube video is the only way to crack the tops spots. That is my plan anyways.

I'm experimenting more and more with video SEO as it's provided great results thus far.

IChris provided a lot of actionable tips in his post. One I would like to add is that you can also link videos together using annotations. For example, you could funnel link equity from a stronger but outdated video to a newer video by putting an annotated link for the viewer to click and Google to follow.

Despite having low levels of engagement (shares, comments, +1s), I've still managed several first-page rankings for clients' videos and my own tutorial videos. I can't imagine not using such an effective, free resource.

Now that Youtube channels are intimately connected to G+ pages, I have to believe that they will have an even stronger impact on organic ranking. The ability to now add channel managers and change ownership of channels is a big bonus.

Here is a link for some advanced YT ranking tips from SMX 2013. Video SEO FTW!

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom