More threads by djbaxter

djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Long-Time SEO Jill Whalen Moves On, Praises Google For Rewarding Content More
Search Engine Land
October 30, 2013

Jill Whalen, one of the first major personalities in the SEO industry, who has been practicing SEO for nearly 20 years, has announced she is moving on from SEO. The reason why, may shock some of you.

One of the reasons is that she feels that she no longer needs to be the voice “reason in the industry.” Why? Because Google now works. The tricks to beat and spam Google, Whalen said, no longer work as well. Since Google released Panda and Penguin algorithms, as Jill said, the voice of reason is now found virtually on all SEO blogs, forums and at events and conferences.

Jill wrote:

Finally, however, Google put their money where their mouth was with their Panda and Penguin updates. At last the only real way to do SEO was what I had been espousing all along. And it’s a beautiful thing! Today’s SEO blogs and conferences are bursting with SEO consultants talking about how, when you create amazing websites and content for your users, the search engines will follow.

That leads Jill to say, this “means, my friends, that my work here is done.”

Whoa that was interesting and inspiring. Sounds like she's on a healthy spiritual path.
Wonder where it will lead her?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom