More threads by Susan Walsh

Reaction score
Our client is a Plumber that we had many issues with. Their Google+ Local/Places page was verified and finally showed up over a year ago. Even though I kept hiding their address because they were a "service based business", it kept showing a street, Salisbury Street, that isn't their street on the listing. Google Support fixed it numerous times and it kept coming back.

This week I went in to check their listing to see if they have the new Places Dashboard. The listing appears as "Active", but when I click on the link to see how it appears on MAPs or local search, "We currently do not support this location came up" It is back again. Attached is their listing in the Places Dashboard (old). Is anyone else seeing this with "service based busineses".

I thought maybe they were upgrading them to the new dashboard and that's why the We currently do not support this location" showed up. It happened when we first put their verification code in. This listing is was showing up in the searches for boiler repair and other terms. Now it's not showing at all.

I'm going to report the issue through the troubleshooter or contact Google Places via phone support, but wanted to check her first to see if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks,
Susan

Simulis Plumbing Worcester.jpg

Simulis Plumbing Active.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Susan,

I haven't noticed this with any SAB's that I've looked at in the last week.

The impressions/actions are really interesting! Wow, that seems odd.

What do the "top search queries" look like in the dash?

Have you checked for dupes? Hidden dupes?

Hey Susan,

You posted this in the InsideLocal Webinar forum so I moved it.

I've been seeing a lot more "do not support" and my listing is missing posts over at the G forum lately, but have not had time to read them to see if they are SABs or if there is any pattern.

I searched and can't even find there site, only directory listings. What is URL?

Hi Colan,

Thanks for the quick response! The top search queries is "Boiler Repair" (3) and "other". The Actions are weird - Driving directions which I consider a "Places bug" or Analytics.

I checked for dupes. I put their phone number in MAPs as well and found nothing. I'm not sure what you mean by hidden dupes.

We had so many issues when we claimed this Place page. Every time I thought it was all set, Salisbury Street would appear and that's not even the businesses address. I've been waiting for them to be upgraded to the new dashboard hoping that their would be no more issues.

Places has them as Active in the dashboard. I wonder if the were upgrading the listing and then that "we currently don't support this location" comes up. It did for a few days when we first entered their verification code.

Susan

Hi Linda,

Sorry about that - thanks for moving me. Well, it's good to know I'm not alone, not that I want anyone else to have to deal with this. As I mentioned to Colan, the only thing I think that could have triggered this is that they were being upgraded to the new Dashboard and that's whey the "we currently don't support this location" message" is appearing. It happened when we first verified them. The message was up for a few days and then their listing appeared.

I'll head on over to Google Places Forum to see if anyone from Google has an answer to why this is happening and if the message will go away and the listing will appear again.

We are having a beautiful fall day here in MA. Going to take advantage of it and rake the leaves all over my yard. I'll get back to issues later!

Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks!
Susan

Hey Susan, I just did some searches and am not seeing as many do not supports as I thought, sorry. I'm not seeing any recent ones that seem related to SABs either.

So ya I'd just call support Monday. Let us know if you find out anything interesting...

I have been dealing with a troubled SAB listing for over a year now. I have gone through phone support and they had me re-claim the listing many times trying to get rid of the "not supported" issue.

I believe the root of the cause was that there are several businesses in one address and 2 of the businesses have a similar name, causing confusion. (Real, independent businesses, not a virtual office thing).

I always had the "not supported" page when I clicked to see my listing. Analytics are non existent. We are on the OLD Places dashboard.

A week ago, I decided to take drastic actions and "nuke" the entire Google account used to claim that listing. I 1st deleted/removed the Places listing from the Dashboard, then I went and cancelled the entire Google/Gmail account used. Wiped out everything.

Then went to a new browser (cleared cache) and set up a new Google/Gmail account, filled out the profile with a pic...etc. then went to claim the business listing with this account. It now uses the NEW Dashboard as it is an entirely new account.

I was able to fully claim and set up the listing and now the link to see my listing is real and active!!

The account still doesn't rank high for the main two categories, but that is what I will be focusing on next, I was just proud to finally have an account that worked.

Hopefully that helps and you may want to try nuking your Google account to get into the new dashboard, but may depend on other things that account is used for,

I can second Greg's process, as we've had to do the same thing several times. In fact, whenever we have a claimed listing that gets this message, or a listing stuck in Pending Review or similar, I almost always nuke it and start new (unless the account is used for other things), especially if the listing isn't live.

Claiming/recreating the listing from the new Google Dashboard has fixed these issues all times that I can remember

I can second Greg's process, as we've had to do the same thing several times. In fact, whenever we have a claimed listing that gets this message, or a listing stuck in Pending Review or similar, I almost always nuke it and start new (unless the account is used for other things), especially if the listing isn't live.

Claiming/recreating the listing from the new Google Dashboard has fixed these issues all times that I can remember

I'm starting to notice this as well. With the old dashboard I would normally only ever suggest reclaiming in a new account as a last resort. But lately I have gone down this route with the new dashboard and it seems to work like a charm. I still need to test a few more out though before I would say with 100% confidence that this is the best solution.

I actually asked a Google rep about this strategy on the phone and he agreed that it is a great solution (for whatever that's worth)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom