More threads by Gio Greenard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am having trouble uploading the image to explain this scenario in greater detail, so bear with my explanation.

This is a weird one...

I created a Plus local account for a client around 3 months ago. I have struggled to see any movement past page 3, so I decided to make some changes via the dashboard to see if I could increase the ranking.

I searched for the Plus Local page, which shows a full listing incorporating all the info and photos I added, so all good so far.... I then clicked on 'manage this page'. Once in the dashboard I can see 2 identical listings of the business I have been working on both saying ( Needs action not yet published, verify ownership???)

If I click to edit either of the listings most of the fields are blank... as if the listing has never been touched.

Further info: I created the account, and uploaded all the relevant data. I didn't create 2 listing for the same business.

Not too sure what I can do, as I don't want to start all over again... seems like a bug. Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers Gio

I have tried uploading the image, this may work apologies if it doesn't.

not_published.png

I searched for the Plus Local page, which shows a full listing incorporating all the info and photos I added, so all good so far.... I then clicked on 'manage this page'. Once in the dashboard I can see 2 identical listings of the business I have been working on both saying ( Needs action not yet published, verify ownership???)

If I click to edit either of the listings most of the fields are blank... as if the listing has never been touched.

Sorry meant to answer this earlier I have a suspicion, let me try to explain.

I've seen lots of problems like this when people go in the wrong door. What I mean by that is you are going through the front door as in clicking "MANAGE THIS LISTING" right on the page. I think when you did that it created these bare listing dupes.

Trying to claim or even just logging into the clients page using the front door, by clicking on "MANAGE THIS LISTING" on the page - can cause unintended consequences & lead to confusion.

Always log in by going in the back door - the business owner door - the Google Places door here.
http://www.google.com/placesforbusiness

Click sign in, top right and then bookmark that link. Then always log in with each specific client's log in and you will always get into the right dashboard.

Now log in with that client's log in and tell me what you see. Do you see the listing you initially created with all the images, etc?

Hey Linda,

No problem, I appreciate your busy. I had the same trail of thought so I tried both and get the same results! sorry I should have mentioned it. So weird cos the live listing is fine just not ranking where I want it. Who knows how I will ever be able to make changes to the listing!

Oh BTW on a different note I tested your theory (removing the location and company name in the description) for 2 separate clients and they both jumped up in the rankings. ;)

No problem, I appreciate your busy. I had the same trail of thought so I tried both and get the same results! sorry I should have mentioned it. So weird cos the live listing is fine just not ranking where I want it. Who knows how I will ever be able to make changes to the listing!

Oh BTW on a different note I tested your theory (removing the location and company name in the description) for 2 separate clients and they both jumped up in the rankings. ;)

Well nice on the ranking increase. Great to hear they both jumped up. Cool!

Hmmm on the other issue though. Was hoping it would be that easy but had a funny feeling it would not be.

Are you comfortable posting a link so I can check a couple things? If not, PM it to me. I'm curious to see it. And either way you do it, please let me know if there is anything different live than what you remember having in dash.

OK Gio Pmed the link and I took a look.

It appears to be claimed. So I just have to ask, are you absolutely certain you have the right login?

Because it looks to me like this listing is probably in another dash and the 2 empty dupes were created when you clicked manage this page from the wrong account. That's still how it looks to me.

If you are absolutely sure you have the right account, then the only option I can think of is to delete the 2 bare ones from account. Then reclaim the live listing.

The other option I considered is to have you try the troubleshooter, but I can't wrap my brain around what path to send you on that would take you where you need to go.

The other thing I wonder is - is the address format correct for AU? It's listed as Unit Unit 8b/61 Anyname Drive. Is that correct?

FYI all, Gio pmed me that yes indeed this listing was created in a different account and it was the wrong login. He found the correct login and the listing he created is there so all is good.

Interesting

Can you tell me more about this? Does this mean we shouldn't have the company name in the "story" for google buisness/google+?

Re: Interesting

Hi Ann,

If you are talking about "story" then you are talking about a plain G+ page, not connected to Local or GMB. In that case does not matter. That page won't rank so does not hurt to put whatever in there.

This thread was started over 4 years ago, so I'm going to close it now since almost everything has changed now and this could confuse someone.

Good on the ranking increases. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom