More threads by Susan Walsh

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have there been any recent changes to Google's guidelines that Service Area Business - Plumbers, Electricians, Construction, etc. need to hide their address?

I read recently that this had changed New Google Places Change: Huge Opportunity for Some Businesses | Volume 9 Inc.

Google has not updated their guidelines if there has been a recent change.

Don't receive customers at your location? Serve customers at their location? Select the "Do not show my business address on my Maps listing" option within your dashboard ? if you don't hide your address, your listing may be removed from Google Maps.

I'm not sure where the person who wrote the article above got their information. So, I thought I'd check with the experts.

Thanks!
Susan

That rule is still in effect. If your customers don't come to your location (the address provided for verification), then you need to hide your address. Typically a businesses that is a service-area only type of business will list their home address, so they need to hide it.

Besides the fact of the Google guideline, if your registered address is your home would you really want someone to see that in a Google search? lol. Hide your address or you're going to get suspended :) That is what the Google gods have told us.

Susan, no there was NO change and it's not optional and it's stricter than ever AND businesses are still being deleted left and right that don't comply.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet! :p

I've been reading some massive misinformation lately where people just jump to wrong conclusion then blog it like it's some new change.

Thank you Linda. I read a lot of misinformation too and this one did seem right. I knew I'd get the right information here.

I have my favorite blogs, Mike Blumenthals, David Nihms, Phil Rozek, Catalyst, and a few others, along with a couple of Forums that I trust - Local Search Forum and Google and Your Business Forum, I follow Jade on G+ too. I wrote a post about all of you during the summer called Summer Reading for our clients and visitors to our website.

I hope to contribute more here as I learn more myself.

Susan

---------- Post Merged at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Thank you too EsR!!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom