More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi All,

I look after a service area business that we have selected the "Do not show my business address on my Maps listing" box.

I was checking out the listing on MM and noticed that the address is visible.

Is it normal for Map Maker to display a businesses address even though it's been selected to hide within the Places account?

Hmmm, good question and good catch Colan.

Just checked my listing which has had address hidden since whenever the guidelines changed. March or whenever it was.

Google Map Maker My address is showing plain as day.

So much for privacy! Because the original reason for that option back when it was SIMPLY AN OPTION, was if you wanted to hide your address for privacy reasons so customers did not know where you lived.

When I get time I'll check others as they come up to see if that's consistent, but looks like addresses may show in MM regardless of Places setting.

It looks like another negative result of Google Places and MM not being synced up properly.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom