More threads by Tyson Downs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recently signed on a multi location client. He was using Yext at one of his locations (just signed up).

He wants me to handle everything going forward.

I know he has a login/pw for Yext, but what would be the best way for me to go in and claim the listings with a different pw/login so they aren't associated with Yext?

These are the ones that Yext is 'claiming'.

8coupons
AirYell
AmericanTowns
Avantar
ChamberofCommerce.com
Citysearch
CitySquares
CoPilot
Cricket
eLocal
EZlocal
Factual
GetFave
GoLocal247
HopStop
Local.com
LocalDatabase
LocalPages
MapQuest
MetroPCS
MojoPages
Navmii
PennySaver
PhoneNumber
Pocketly
ShowMeLocal
Superpages
Switchboard
Topix
Tupalo
USCity.net
Where To?
White & Yellow Pages
WhitePages
YaSabe
YellowBot
Yellowise
YellowMoxie
YellowPageCity

<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

I don't believe there's a way to do that, Tyson. Essentially they're claimed (temporarily) by Yext. They refer to it as a "lock." Only if/when you cancel Yext might you be able to claim those listings with a different email/username.

But if you just wanted to change the public-facing "contact" email address, you can just do that under the "Locations" tab in Yext (as I'm sure you know).

The way I have handled this is to claim any listings manually. Once each listing is claimed I go in and Un-Sync that account in the Yext Dashboard. When all accounts and listings are claimed and corrected I then cancel YEXT. There might be some left overs after YEXT is cancelled so make sure you go in and double check everything.

The way I have handled this is to claim any listings manually. Once each listing is claimed I go in and Un-Sync that account in the Yext Dashboard. When all accounts and listings are claimed and corrected I then cancel YEXT. There might be some left overs after YEXT is cancelled so make sure you go in and double check everything.

Interesting. So you truly just use Yext temporarily, as a stopgap measure - and plan to do it that way from the outset?

Interesting. So you truly just use Yext temporarily, as a stopgap measure - and plan to do it that way from the outset?

I think in the long run this option works best for us. Keep in mind that most of the clients that come to use have up to 12 different business names / Doctors spread out all over the place, along with multiple locations and brand changes. We like having more control in the long run. We would rather do a little more work up front gaining control of everything. This allows us to shift the fee's over to us and if the Doctor leaves they have full control of the accounts under one email. Keep in mind that this "temporary Use" isn't appropriate for every situation. Yext does have its place, as does manual and temporary use. We also like to have a little diversity in our profiles, descriptions, Images etc.

@Dustybones

Thanks. Of course that wouldn't be appropriate for all situations, but it's interesting to hear about the approach you've been taking.

I plan on starting with Yext. They are expensive but claiming is time consuming. You can have someone do that but Dupe suppression is a nightmare.

This is an old post, but still worthwhile. Like you said your strategy still has its place and I wouldn't use it with a client that I am using Yext's dupe suppression

Hi Jacob, They have made a number of improvements since this thread was started. One of them being duplicate suppression, which they launched in June of last year. We still prefer to manually do the citations, but I would like to hear about your experience. All these companies continue to improve. What wasn't working 2 years ago could be working now. I would like to know how accurate the syncing is and how well the duplicate service works. Will you keep us updated on your experience?

Hey,

Firstly, it took me time to set up with Yext because they absolutely refuse to honor the coupons posted all over this forum.

Spoke with various people in the company and they explained that their pricing structure changed and I am getting a better deal than the official rate card. Smells fishy to me. Why can't they advertise "new lower rates"? Why advertise an expired coupon?

In any event, I am using it a few days. It takes a couple of days to get all your listings up. Dupe suppression takes three days. So I haven't seen it redirected yet.

Superpages is the biggest headache to get removed. Usually requires phone calls.

Yext integration with superpages isn't working right now. Hopefully that is just a temporary glitch.

Hi Jacob, They have made a number of improvements since this thread was started. One of them being duplicate suppression, which they launched in June of last year. We still prefer to manually do the citations, but I would like to hear about your experience. All these companies continue to improve. What wasn't working 2 years ago could be working now. I would like to know how accurate the syncing is and how well the duplicate service works. Will you keep us updated on your experience?

Hey,

Firstly, it took me time to set up with Yext because they absolutely refuse to honor the coupons posted all over this forum.

Spoke with various people in the company and they explained that their pricing structure changed and I am getting a better deal than the official rate card. Smells fishy to me. Why can't they advertise "new lower rates"? Why advertise an expired coupon?

Jacob Raj (in management) told me that coupon is valid.

Here is the email I sent you where Raj replied and said Bryan the VP of sales would take care of the coupon for you.

"Jacob, pleasure to meet you and I am adding our VP of sales who can get you signed up with the coupon of 50 off. Once you get signed up, please email me and I can have one of my top trainers walk you through the platform.

Excited to have you on board and please never hesitate to reach out to me directly for help!"

I thought that was pretty good service by Yext, once I got you right to the top.
Did you reply to that email and talk to Bryan?

They said all the right things but will not honor the coupon.

They insist they are giving out a better deal. I doubt that highly and even if it is true, NY has some pretty strict rules about bait and switch.

Our agency does SEO for over 500 locations. We have an Enterprise account with Moz (100+ locations).

Again, the main thing is how the client's SEO does. Overall, this seems pretty good. Their citations are leading to regional listings who subscribe to the data from their publications.

Yext is well worth considering, just be very careful dealing with their salespeople.

NY has some pretty strict rules about bait and switch...
just be very careful dealing with their salespeople.

Jacob, instead of the 50 off coupon, they gave you 100 off because it was a better deal for you. Since you got twice the discount, I don't understand. Bait and switch - that's when you get a worse deal or no deal.

If you got less, that's one thing. They gave you twice the value of the coupon.

You can talk to Bryan directly if you still have issues. I'm sure if you only want to get 50 off instead of 100, it could be arranged.

But this is not the place to air this. This thread is not an official Yelp support channel. I just didn't think it was fair for people to think you were getting a bad deal, when you in fact are getting a better deal than the coupon even offered.

My carpal is screaming. 10 emails and PMs back and forth - plus these posts.

I'm closing this thread. Please read the rules of the forum. Link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom