More threads by freerunr

Reaction score
Anyone else seen the new format for Places/+Local pages yet? It looks like the switch was just flipped in the U.S. across the board this afternoon, so hopefully you can see it just by looking at any listing on Maps. The NAP, profile photo, and other information that used to be on the bottom of a cover photo is now on the left side. Cover photos (or large images of a map, if it's not fully-upgraded with social features yet) are a bit smaller, too. It looks to be a further update to the new "card" format for Local listings. The image below is for a Places page (no social features). New-Plus.jpg

New-Plus.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
New Update to Google Places Cover Photos

This afternoon, we noticed an update to the top portion of Google Places listings. They have done away with the massive Facebook style cover photo in favor of a smaller image, with the business image, name, address, and hours on the left of the page.

11-13-2013 2-50-41 PM.jpg

For the full write-up, please visit our blog!

11-13-2013 2-50-41 PM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Further Update to Google+ Local/Places Page Format

Whoa thanks for head's up Kerry. You trying to get my bird dog award??? :p

I really like the data card on the left like that!

Here is a random Chiro I don't know with a nice looking merged G+ page.

UpdateGP.jpg

It's cut off but under Street view is "Reviews from around the web."
Interesting that they moved that info to the top, used to be at the very bottom.

UpdateGP.jpg

I must say that I like the new layout. Before, people would never see your cover photo without scrolling up. It opens yet another opportunity to grab a consumer's eye.

This afternoon, we noticed an update to the top portion of Google Places listings. They have done away with the massive Facebook style cover photo in favor of a smaller image, with the business image, name, address, and hours on the left of the page.[/URL]

Thanks Michael, merged your thread into the one Kerry had already started so we can keep all the discussions in one place.

Love these changes!

It's like Christmas around here! Every time you turn around there is something new to open and play with.

It's official! Just talked to Jade. Not a test, it's for real.

YAY! Love it!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom