More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
One of the things I hated about the new Google maps is that there was no list of businesses, just a bunch of names on the map. And sometimes businesses in close proximity are hidden behind each other. So a business that ranks #1, you won't even see.

I think that's one of the reasons many of us still use classic maps, so we can see the list view.

Well the 'new' Google maps just did an update and now shows a 3 pack list right on the map, which I think is awesome, since more and more consumers are starting to use the new map.

Top 3 list for Atlanta Dentist

NewMaps3pack.jpg

This update moved some helpful options around too. Just had an industry leader yesterday tell me the option to get to 'Classic Maps' was gone and we could not find it. Well it's there, it just moved. So did report a problem. Now those options are bottom right behind the question mark.

NewMapsHelp.jpg

YAY, we have list view back. Only 3 but it's so much better than none.

So that's your job for the next week.
Get all your clients in the new maps 3 pack!
LOL :p

Hat tip to eagle eye Alex for discovering this update!
New update for Google maps results – 3 pack listings

NewMaps3pack.jpg

NewMapsHelp.jpg

FINALLY! I have been scratching my head as to where they were going with the new maps.

---------- Post Merged at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:41 PM ----------

And some ads as well...

orthodontist San Jose - Google Maps.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom