More threads by shondarogers

Reaction score
I do not understand why, when i try to "manage this page"
Pacific Euro Hotel - Google+ i get routed to my google analytics places dashboard - i am correctly logged in as client. Sometimes, when i am trying to claim/verify listings, i can request a pin right away - in cases like this it seems i just go round in circles... business phone number in case anyone is wonder is 650-363-1642. Thanks....

Yes when you go through what I call the "front door" the consumer-facing door right on the listing, it can get weird.

Always log in from the Place login, which I call the "back door" or business owner door to manage. And to claim go to direct phone lookup which is the link Colan gave you.

I do not understand why, when i try to "manage this page"
Pacific Euro Hotel - Google+ i get routed to my google analytics places dashboard - i am correctly logged in as client. Sometimes, when i am trying to claim/verify listings, i can request a pin right away - in cases like this it seems i just go round in circles... business phone number in case anyone is wonder is 650-363-1642. Thanks....

Wait I'm confused. 1st of all this listing looks like it's already claimed.

2nd of all, you said why can't I claim, I'm logged into clients account? IF you are already logging into clients account, and it's already claimed then why are you claiming again???

Plus once I clicked and looked at that listing - realized I've seen it before. Don't you have another thread about this client and didn't we already go through something similar on this one? Don't have time to try to find it and I look at a ton of problems and help lots of folks, so maybe I'm confused, but seems like we've been down this road before???

Sorry - sounds like i'm using the wrong language- i want to "verify " the listing. Do you recommend we try to verify listings?

Oh dear hear we go, I deal with this at the G forum too so have to ask... (the terminology and options have gotten SO confusing!)

Are we talking verifying as in the old style verifying/claiming a Place page? (that's what we both 'thought' you were asking about.)

Or are you talking verifying as in merging the existing claimed Place page with a Google+ Business page?

It sounded like you were asking about the 1st one because you mentioned the manage this page option. And that's not how you verify/merge with G+.

Can you explain more what you are trying to do and how and why?

First of all - thank you for your patience - and 2nd i think i just had an epiphany...lol...i was in fact referring to the second "thing" you mentioned...don't want to repeat it in case i say it wrong. I did in fact have a claimed places page and i had created a profile but i had not, if fact, created a Business page yet...so now i have and dah-dah....i can verify the listing!!! Sorry for the confusion - case closed :)

Whew, good deal! :)

However... are you sure you want to verify/merge? It's still a pretty buggy. Is client pushing for social? Paying you extra to do the extra work?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom